Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Exhaust Hangers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Exhaust Hangers Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Hangers   Exhaust Hangers EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Mine are cracked about halfway through.  Rock Auto has replacements, but is it possible to slide the old rubber off and new rubber on?  It doesn't look like it!

Nevermind, it actually can be done -

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Exhaust Hangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Hangers   Exhaust Hangers EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 10:06 pm

Your friendly neighborhood GM dealer will have various hangers, usually pretty cheap.   I like the GM hangers because they are made of a long lasting elastomer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Exhaust Hangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Hangers   Exhaust Hangers EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Not anymore. GM has discontinued, aftermarket is the only way. frown
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Exhaust Hangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Hangers   Exhaust Hangers EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 8:34 am

Jack the R wrote:
Not anymore.  GM has discontinued, aftermarket is the only way.  frown

Ask at the dealership. P/Ns for older cars are discontinued BUT similar/redesigned/same hangers are listed under different PNs now.

For instance https://www.newgmparts.com/oem-parts/gm-exhaust-system-hanger-15296913

or

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/gm-exhaust-system-hanger-15731502

At my local GM dealer I'm fortunate to have two counterpersons who actually work on cars and are familiar with the catalog in part because the dealer also has a very active body repair shop. They match the new SKUs up to the old ones based on the length from hole to hole and thickness not exceeding that of the part they are replacing. Dimensions are in their online catalog.

Aftermarket works, but your problem might really be that if the counterperson isn't familiar with these parts, it's kind of a lot of effort to match up the SKUs for such small dollar items. Catch them when they are not real busy.

And of course, the aftermarket beckons: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P44HRHB/
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Exhaust Hangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Hangers   Exhaust Hangers EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 11:44 am

It was the parts guy at the dealership who told me the hangers were discontinued.

I ordered these off of eBay - Link

They might be a centimeter short, but they were the longest ones I could find. My original hangers may have stretched a bit over the years though. I think these will be fine, for as long as they last. Hopefully they don't crumble overnight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust Hangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Hangers   Exhaust Hangers Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Hangers
Page 1 of 1