Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trunk Hinge Adjustment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Trunk Hinge Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Trunk Hinge Adjustment   Trunk Hinge Adjustment EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 10:44 pm

Trunk Hinge Adjustment Trunk-hinge

I've discovered that this hinge, when closed, has more play in it than the other side.  This corner of the trunk doesn't even close fully, it sticks up at least 1/8" higher than the other side and doesn't seal.  I'm wondering if this is the source of the mystery rattle I've been trying to track down for a couple years now?  It looks like the front link would be the vertical adjustment, but that "nut" is so tight I'm afraid to put a lot of force into it.  For all I know, it isn't even the adjustment I'm looking for.  The FSM doesn't help much.  It says something about rubber blocks, which I don't see. Unless the ends on that front link are a super hard rubber? I don't think so, but that would make sense.  

If anyone knows how to adjust the vertical, I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Trunk Hinge Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trunk Hinge Adjustment   Trunk Hinge Adjustment EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 3:09 am

Trunk Hinge Adjustment Trunk-adjustment

Figured it out. The front link is indeed the vertical adjustment. Clockwise raises the lid, counter-clockwise lowers it. It doesn't take much. Only two turns raised it to the height in the first picture.

This didn't solve my rattle but it seems to have less rattle now.

Eldo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trunk Hinge Adjustment
Page 1 of 1