Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera   Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:50 pm

I'm green about this tool, but am interested in using it on my Riv.
Does any one know of a good working unit available for sale with whatever is required to use with this car?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera   Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 9:11 pm

denim wrote:
I'm green about this tool, but am interested in using it on my Riv.
Does any one know of a good working unit available for sale with whatever is required to use with this car?

They are usually available on eBay.

I am not sure you need any special card or accessory to work on the Riv -- HOWEVER -- for some reason when the local GM dealer works on my car, they tell the TechII it is a 2001 or 2002 Bonneville, I think because they had to replace the MALL some time ago.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera   Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Can anyone give some guidance with a Tech 2 purchase?
This is for personal use, for my '98 Riv, specifically.

I'm looking at this item: https://www.vxdas.com/products/tech-2-scanner-for-gm?variant=20139316936777&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

It seems to have everything I might need, but that's part of what I'm asking.
One thing, is a software subscription essential, and why? The subscription is mentioned further down the ad, just before the Customer Reviews.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera   Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:58 pm

Tech2 scanner+32 MB Card for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/HOLDEN DHL Free shipping ebay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera   Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Tech 2 Scan tool with setup for 1998 Riviera
Page 1 of 1