Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? Empty
PostSubject: Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?   Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 11:26 am

Wondering if automotive antenna technology, which is way beyond radio am/fm at this point, has produced a device to support the multiple other needs of a modern vehicle as an add-on product yet?
No, I really don't know what I'm talking about, but was intrigued by this old article that touched on the subject from 2013. (https://www.edn.com/multiple-antennas-a-requirement-for-new-cars/).
My initial interest comes from simply needing a better reception device for my stock Riv radio/cd/tape. I hate the standard electricl antenna. Too vulnerable with needless maintenance. I'm not a purist when it comes down to making something work as it should.
Maybe a recommendation for a shark-fin type that could be mounted atop would be best, but stlll interested in new tech for all the things using wireless.

Apologies if this isn't posted in the correct spot.

Aside, can we still place an image, because I don't see that option.
Sean

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?   Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 11:10 pm

denim wrote:
Wondering if automotive antenna technology, which is way beyond radio am/fm at this point, has produced a device to support the multiple other needs of a modern vehicle as an add-on product yet?
No, I really don't know what I'm talking about, but was intrigued by this old article that touched on the subject from 2013. (https://www.edn.com/multiple-antennas-a-requirement-for-new-cars/).
My initial interest comes from simply needing a better reception device for my stock Riv radio/cd/tape. I hate the standard electricl antenna. Too vulnerable with needless maintenance. I'm not a purist when it comes down to making something work as it should.
Maybe a recommendation for a shark-fin type that could be mounted atop would be best, but stlll interested in new tech for all the things using wireless.

Apologies if this isn't posted in the correct spot.

Aside, can we still place an image, because I don't see that option.
Sean

don't overthink it; some cars just use multiple antennas. My Volvos use a combination of sharkfin and antenna on glass (like deftroster grid) with amplifiers. I used to have a Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi) that used the trunk lid as antenna (great until it rained).
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?   Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 6:54 pm

I'm still pursuing a better answer to the stock Riv antenna for my '98.

After looking at this headliner removal write-up, https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t11795-write-up-removing-your-headliner-for-fun-and-profit?highlight=headliner I realized how tight things get in the rear portion of the roof if there is a sunroof option.

Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? Roofin10

I borrowed a shot from the write-up. I'm wondering if anyone has been deep enough in the area where the bar is (yellow arrow) to know if it is possible to drill and install the type of shark antenna I'd like? I am not a fan of the original electric antenna.

Here are a few shots of Rivs with such an install, all fake, of course smileMulti-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? Rivang10
Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? Rivrea10
Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? Rivsil10
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?   Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 2:57 pm

You probably could (should) use the 2-sided (butyl) rubber 3M trim tape (NOT the foam version) to install that sharkfin. Then it's just a matter of fishing the wire out from under that brace and down the passenger side sail panel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?   Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Multi-Antenna Integration Module that can be added on?
Page 1 of 1