Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Riviera shops in MI or OH area?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nicknac
Special

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

Riviera shops in MI or OH area? Empty
PostSubject: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and looking for advice.

Are their any recommend shops Michigan or Ohio area who specialize in Riviera and other older 3800 engine vehicles?

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am

I can't point you anywhere, but I would see if there's a pontiac group in your area. Honestly most shops that work on domestics should be familiar with the 3800.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 8:09 pm

nicknac wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and looking for advice.

Are their any recommend shops Michigan or Ohio area who specialize in Riviera and other older 3800 engine vehicles?

Thank you in advance!

yoooo! what exactly are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
nicknac
Special

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptyWed May 01, 2024 2:10 am

I am looking for a shop that knows how to improve the 3800 motor reliability (ex. replace plastic elbows) and increase the life/performance of the vehicle (tune transmission shift points, replace exhaust, etc)
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:14 pm

nicknac wrote:
I am looking for a shop that knows how to improve the 3800 motor reliability (ex. replace plastic elbows) and increase the life/performance of the vehicle (tune transmission shift points, replace exhaust, etc)

If you want to "improve" the 3800 reliability, leave the tune for engine and transmission at *stock.* If the transmission dies, have a local shop rebuild *your* transmission for towing (better frictions and steels, and an improved transmission lockup solenoid plug. And switch to synthetic oil.

Says the person who drove one 400,000 miles and never opened the engine except to replace valve cover and lower intake manifold gaskets. I used Mobil1 from 48,000 miles.

ADDvanced likes this post

Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptyThu May 02, 2024 12:55 pm

[quote="albertj"]
nicknac wrote:

Says the person who drove one 400,000 miles and never opened the engine except to replace valve cover and lower intake manifold gaskets. I used Mobil1 from 48,000 miles.

Yeah that's wild man. I bet putting her down didn't feel great. What'd you replace it with?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? EmptySat May 04, 2024 3:47 am

ADDvanced wrote:
albertj wrote:
nicknac wrote:

Yeah that's wild man.  I bet putting her down didn't feel great.  What'd you replace it with?

2009 Volvo S80 V8 is now my daily.

For background see https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t12805p75-albert-will-you-let-us-know-please and https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t13049-for-sale-1998-riviera-parts-or-rehab

The Volvo's running well; tomorrow I plan to replace the power steering pump and some PS hose o-rings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riviera shops in MI or OH area?   Riviera shops in MI or OH area? Empty

Back to top Go down

Riviera shops in MI or OH area?
Page 1 of 1