Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New member, pictures of my rides...

Go down 
+3
AA
jax95riv
sprucegoose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sprucegoose
Rookie

Merit : 0

New member, pictures of my rides... Empty
PostSubject: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 4:52 pm

At the request of others, I wanted to post some pictures of my 98 Riv & my '70 Firebird. I was going to try just inserting the link to another site where I already had them posted. Let's see if that works....

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/501/149717Fall_Elvira2.JPG
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 4:54 pm

Hmmm... So I guess it doesn't actually display them. You would actually have to load them up to this www.servimg.com site then? I'll get a few together and do that I guess.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 5:15 pm

OK, here is another picture of my Riv. I took this one next to an authentic old covered bridge in our town.

New member, pictures of my rides... 7-06_c10
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Here is how clean the motor looked the day I brought it home. The guy kept this thing absolutely spotless!

New member, pictures of my rides... Clean_10
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 5:19 pm

Someone wanted to see pictures of my Bird. Here it was before I began the restoration...

New member, pictures of my rides... 70form10

New member, pictures of my rides... 70form11
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 5:22 pm

This picture was taken after the motor pull. I have the entire front clip off now, and am building up a the motor that is hanging on the hoist to the right. cool

New member, pictures of my rides... Garage10
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Very nice pair of rides. You don't see many Firebirds in that condition. What part of New England are you in?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 6:01 pm

Wisconsin, New England! wink

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Very nice! I know pictures tend to hide issues, but I sure don't see much wrong with the Firebird.

BTW, the cheapest and simplest Riv handling mod you can do is to add a Caddy STS strut tower brace. For around $30 and maybe 10-15 minutes of your time, you will see a very nice improvement in cornering stability. I'm sure Aaron has the write-up on here.
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 7:04 pm

AA wrote:
Wisconsin, New England! wink

Well, I guess that's not really New England...I just thought covered bridges and fall trees had me thinking of Vermont.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 7:29 pm

Very nice rides, goose. I've always wanted a '69' Firebird convertible for my droptop. Your bird is near my '65' color, seafoam green New member, pictures of my rides... CopyofIMG_2361 thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks jimmyriv, I love that pair you have there. That 65 is sweet! bow My Firebird is Sea Mist Green, but I'm thinking of painting it Buckaneer Red like my '73 Formula once was.

I'm in Cedarbug, WI... A loooooooooong way from New England! But I did take my Riv out to Wash. DC last year for a road trip and it was awesome! I got 31 mpg! bounce

No, there are not a lot of clean 70-73 Firebirds left out there any more. I wanted to do a complete refresh of the motor and restore the body and interior to as close to original as possible. It is completely rust free as it was a AZ and S. Calif car all of its life. Just baked interior and very tired motor that finally spun a rod bearing... It was originally a turbo400 AT but I'm switching it over to a M21 Muncie 4spd as I am addicted to that feeling of shifting a 400+ hp V-8! twisted
Back to top Go down
racinfan
Addict
racinfan

Name : Joe
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Man I hope you don't have the entire weight of your car resting on those cinder blocks, especially when you have them laying on their side like that.
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 9:53 pm

This is a picture of the day we pulled the ol' motor from the Bird. That is my son on the right, and his buddy (who has a very nice '68 RS Camaro) looking on. He wants me to finish this project so he has someone to run against down at the strip again! I beat him once with my 93 Eldorado SC (ran a 14.7 at 94 mph) but that was before he dropped his new motor in there. Now I have some real competition! thumbsup

New member, pictures of my rides... Motor_10
Back to top Go down
sprucegoose
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 10:02 pm

racinfan wrote:
Man I hope you don't have the entire weight of your car resting on those cinder blocks, especially when you have them laying on their side like that.

No, I was alternating jack stands and blocking around if I remember right. They are definitely very weak when they are on their sides like that I would never go under there... Good thing to point out though! wink
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 12:24 am

Looks great. I think I remember seeing someone else on here with a picture at a bridge just like that.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, pictures of my rides...   New member, pictures of my rides... Empty

Back to top Go down

New member, pictures of my rides...
Page 1 of 1