Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Eric's calling you out alex...heheh

Go down 
+43
matt270avian
ghpcnm
Sir Psycho Sexy
LARRY70GS
denim
albertj
charlieRobinson
flyineagle96
IBx1
L8-2BNGO
nothincame2mind
oldsman105
Snowdog
curious riv
ericde
MintRiv98
Rickw
deekster_caddy
96RivSCMI
SuperRiv07
Blower Riv
1wickedninja
ibmoses
ewolfe0050
Supercharged
Chicken
dreww
98RIV7777
TonySmooth89
turtleman
urbsnspices
whippled98riv
GothicVash
Ridin-Rivi
palermocorey90
T Riley
AA
97Riv-Jon
97rivman
SpaceBar
Turbocharged400sbc
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

Name : James
Merit : 2

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 10:56 pm

97rivman wrote:
Turbocharged400sbc wrote:
gonna run the stockers at 150hp when his other block is back together it gets 250hp

looking at E85 and if i can convince him nitromethane lol

shits gonna blow burn like thermite!!!!!!

WITH the heated seats on too! lol

i think i finally convinced him the is3 cam is too small but he doesnt want the radical grind i have in mind (he's a pussy) dunno
Back to top Go down
http://www.sinisterdragdesign.com
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 am

well add 150lbhr injectors, 8 rib ati, 3.5 pulley etc to the parts sitting next to his bed for install... wink

plus i got some more toys for me...along with a Leblond 13x48 lathe joy ....i gotta move a 1600lb lathe into my garage....next up is a3 axis cnc (i hope lol)

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Newtoyz

bow down bitches lol
Back to top Go down
whippled98riv
Special

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 1:16 am

James and his toys!!!!!!!when will it end........he'll have a full machine shop in is two and a half car garage if his dad doesn't stop him soon!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 8:36 am

Add a LARGE Weldon pump to the ensuing melee'

eric's probably happy he's not gonna get a VCR sized injector driver....looking at the AEM low imp injector driver now...

on a side note...the garage is now climate controlled...eric was over here and he can vouch for the balmy 78* weather in my garage

gonna need more room for the lathe heheheh
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 1:00 pm

god damn i cant wait to weld up erics -10 rails with the L32 dampners in them...

look at how sexy they are...

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 SDD-8railsweldon-6
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 SDD-8OAL

i changed the design for the rear weld-on setup i just gotta weld it and pressure test...this bugger held to 150psi till my compressor stalled lol after letting it sit and soaking it down with soapy water (no leaks) the tape holding the junk inj in didnt like the soap and i shot an injector across the garage...scared the shit outta me lol

cant wait till he can drive the riv with a 3.0...on a whipple banana
Back to top Go down
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 2:09 pm

97rivman wrote:
have fun finding a MAF sensor to handle all that. The LS1 matches my spacer/adapter/GEN V perfectly.

wouldnt it be fun to go to Buick nationals......and stomp some stock Grand nationals

Shit, wipples, rivis, buick nats, I have been away for a while, and it seems a lot has changed!

Awesome build so far Turbo400. Are you guys going to the nats next year? Now that I am back in Illinois, I am thinkin about it. We should atleast all try to meet up at Byron or Joliet...
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 2:17 pm

I've been going to Byron to run. If yall go sometime, I'm down
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 1:02 pm

we shure wouldnt mind going to nationals with the Riv and the 442 twisted

well here's the gist of whats going on...

'07 CARNAGE broke #4 intake valvespring on a stock 55k 05 L32 with only a VS cam (a couple other broken OE 04+ springs locally! VS cam as well!) gm did switch from PAC springs to a mexico supplier around 04...interesting....
'08 BUILD (winter 07) 05 L32 3800 SIII with Full teardown for extensive oiling mods (drilled mains, step drilled rear galley, scraper, sumped pan+more), polished L32 rods, radial gas ported 1st ring, IS3 heads with manley valves, Ported LIM and alum intake gaskets, IS3 cam, JP dbl roller, stg2 core, New SDD Mechanical IC pump with Intense MPS integrated into a billet snout support/mechanical tensioner and beltwrap system, massive exchanger, mirror polished Whipple 2300ax, 8 rib 3.25 & 3.0, TCI balancer, 150lbhr injectors (got E85?), AEM low imp injector driver, SDD -10 fuel logs with L32 pulsation dampners- in a parallel flow configuration, Weldon 2035 Fuel pump (1600hp gas & 900hp ethanol/e85), Aeromotive adj fpr, -12 and stainless filter to pump, -10 to Y, -10 to rails, with -8 returns, 90mm FAST billet TB, SDD 120mm 99+ L67 maf housing, 5" tube CAI, fully ported Pacesetter headers with O2 bungs in primary's with DMH 2.5 in Elec cutout, LC1 wideband (need 6 more) 103's with cutback groundstraps.
Trans/Chassis: 4T80E 1 ton fwd transaxle swap, aurora axles & mounts with Tq bars, new F & R struts, hubs, tie rods, and ball joints + other maint items

it's no longer his DD soooo... "street driveability is subjective" lol
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 1:22 pm

welcome to my world. Its always the #4 cylinder. What kind of other damage was caused? well im getting my license back in march or april so that means my riv is being let loose on the streets.... and getting tuned and what not.

when did he blow it?
Back to top Go down
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Cool,

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question for the Illinois people. Does anyone have an extra parking spot? I just moved back to the area and I am looking for a place to park my Riv with the blown engine. I am thinking I may gut the thing and build a street legal bracket car. Anyway in the mean time I need to park it some where.

I will pay upfront for winter parking. So if you guys know a guy with an empty pole bard, or what ever, I am looking.
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 12:30 pm

97rivman wrote:

welcome to my world. Its always the #4 cylinder. What kind of other damage was caused? well im getting my license back in march or april so that means my riv is being let loose on the streets.... and getting tuned and what not.

when did he blow it?
#4 intake spring broke, looks like an occlusion in the steel, so far the valve was just hanging upen and didnt touch the piston that we can tell, may have been VERY lucky.
awhile ago i talked to an engineer at PAC springs (racingsprings.com) comp and GM used to have them make their springs but switched to mexico suppliers etc.
tommygloves broke two valve springs on a VS cam with less than 70k on an 03 bonnie and the riv has a (35k with the VS) 60k 05 L32.

my guess is that the engineer was telling the truth and GM and Comp no longer use perterson springs with their proprietery metalurgy etc. and are getting some bad springs slipping by...the VS is hardly a lumpy cam...

PAC is alot more visible in the racing communities...and youll notice alot of bigger engine builders no longer run comp springs...they are running PAC springs...

herb (lol) you might try the lake county fairgrounds, they do indoor winter storage but you have to have it out by a certain week come spring. let me know if you find someone with a mostly empty polebarn on a farmette lol

psst....eric just ordered the 2 stage direct port nitrous system banana shame that its all gonna be hidden under the LIM... frown
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:20 am

just an update on the Mod list happy

IS3 heads (Manley valves, Ti retainers, Manley 150lb springs)
IS4 cam (will be going to a custom mech roller grind in 09)
JP dbl roller (machined crank gear)
YT rockers
TCI balancer
stripped 05 L32 block ready for lots of work (drilled #2&3 mains, step drilled main oil galley, external sump, relieved bores, full length windage screen, etc)
intense mps for the new mech ic pump assembly
Ported whipple case
Heavily modified whipple TB adapter/plenum for 90mm TB
3.25 & 3.0 for the whipple
90mm FAST billet TB
SDD 120mm 99+ L67 maf housing
5" tube CAI
150lbhr injectors (got E85?)
AEM low imp injector driver
2 stage direct port fogger w/ purge, gauges and spare bottle
SDD -10 fuel logs with L32 pulsation dampeners
Weldon 2035 Fuel pump (1600hp gas & 900hp ethanol/e85)
Aeromotive adj fuel pressure regulator
-12 an stainless sump to filter to pump, -10 to Y, -10 to rails, with -8 returns, with -6 lines feeding the fuel solenoids.
O2 sensor bungs welded in the PS header primary’s
3.48 FDR 4T80e and modified OE mounts (solid mounts)
Aurora struts and springs (higher GAWR)

yer screwed alex jump
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm

We'll see.... I still need my fuckin license first!!!! which is like another $450.

With all the money I've spent in fines, I could have had a t88 turbo already....but oh well. Where r we gonna race at? 66? I should be ready by june.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:03 pm

97rivman wrote:
We'll see.... I still need my fuckin license first!!!! which is like another $450.

With all the money I've spent in fines, I could have had a t88 turbo already....but oh well. Where r we gonna race at? 66? I should be ready by june.

OUCH............. so we are gonna have footage of this race right>??? happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:41 am

97rivman wrote:

sounds about when the whippledRiv will be done lol

just finished tacking together the 18inch long TB plenum made specifically for the 90mm TB and aiming it right at the LF headlight (MAF and filter behind the headlight ) and remove headlight for a velocity stack at the track

I'd wrather go to byron...ya hardly ever get runs in at 66 esp for the price...

98riviera98 wrote:

OUCH............. so we are gonna have footage of this race right>??? happy

sure! i want a .gif of alex losing razz

wonder if we can get the tower to call it out on the speakers as a "luxobarge vs luxobarge shootout " lol
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:27 am

oh man i cant wait to see the results!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:00 pm

If you can let me know a little bit in advance, I can go there and film it.
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 9:44 am

ya'll will know when and where...

got the 4T80E into the riv with the solid rubber mounts (talk about stiff lol)

fits like a glove....
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 1:38 pm

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 WhippleTBplenum1-1

twisted
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 WhippleTBplenum2-1
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:03 pm

hehe!
yes the IC is missing but ya get the idea! (shit eating grin included)
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Whipplehug
2 more inches clearance of the 4t80e once the IC's on
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Whipplemockup
biggers better right? lol
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Bigwhipple
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm with Codith. I think I'll have to be there when this thing comes to life.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:09 pm

AA wrote:

erics been trying to score a 3300ax whipple, if he does all that TB plenum work will be sold with the 2300ax and put us back at square 1...

of course it'd probably be worth it! lol
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:27 pm

AA wrote:

erics been trying to score a 3300ax whipple, if he does all that TB plenum work will be sold with the 2300ax and put us back at square 1...

of course it'd probably be worth it! lol

Thats a huge b***h!
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:30 pm

some more pics fer ya'll
cleaned up the TB plenum...
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Quickplenumcleanup
LIM opened to the IS3/4 ports along with the alum LIM gaskets (waiting for final assembly for blueing and final port work...
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 LIMportedtoIS3dimentions
IS3 heads with manley 150lb springs (aka IS4 spec)
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 ReworkedIS3headswuth150lbmanleyspri

ready for final polishing and assembly of the whipple (except TB plenum)
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Whipplereadyforassembly

the 90mm FAST TB adaptor plate was bellmouthed using a boring head/bar, needs blemding and smoothing...erics fingers look pretty small lol
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 90mmFASTTBandTBadaptor

YT rockers and the new -10 fuel log fittings (thread in) the fuel system is ~75% done (need to sump the tank through the OE sending unit. btw we mounted the weldon 2035 pump in the trunk with an issolating mount and the pump whine is deffinatly gonna be noticable lol
eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 YellaTerarockersand-10fatmanrailthr

converted the DMH electric cutout to a mechanical cable setup for a huge increase in undercar clearance...just need the cable to finish it

the block is done, i just got in the flexhones for polishing the oil passage bores then it gets a couple more scrubdowns and the cam bearings then the bastard can go together. twisted

btw eric didnt win the auction for the 3300ax whipple... damn lol

so alex how goes yer beast?
Back to top Go down
Turbocharged400sbc
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:28 pm

[quote=02BlueGT;123079]yeah, x laces should look pretty slick in black[/quote]

i think it'd be badass darth vader style

more pics!

the original animul whipple to M90 adaptor

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Originalwhippleadaptor1

here's the whipple outlet superimposed (blueing and scribed lines) on the adaptor...

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 SuperimposedwhippleoutletonM90adapt

this is how the adaptor does it...

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 WhippletoM90outletconvig

and guess what? the IC core can be opened up alot farther hrmmm

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Superimposedonstg2ICcoreupperplate

quick mockup of one of the junk air diverters

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Airdivertermockup

if anything i'd put another 1/2-3/4 inch plate for a larger plenum area and allow us to open the top of the IC much farther and allow for a better sized/shaped removable diverter "tongue" i'de keep the two 45* corners and reshape them for diverters to redirect flow towards the other end of the IC core...

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Margeropeningscribedoutwithairdiver

reworked the adaptor to remove divider and radius/blend the whipple to IC plenum area

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 OpenedupwhippletoICplenumarearadius

better view

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Reworkedwhippleadaptor

polished the ported and reworked whipple inlet (figured why the hell not lol)

eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Polishedandreworkedwhippleentry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric's calling you out alex...heheh   eric is calling you out - Eric's calling you out alex...heheh - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eric's calling you out alex...heheh
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next