Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Exterior LED lighting

Go down 
+25
ZEP
charlieRobinson
LARRY70GS
69GSColorado
Abaddon
97 park ave
Eldo
#1BearsFan
ghost88
KillaKeninaRiv
Snowdog
Rickw
jamie
GM Head
Mr.Riviera
deekster_caddy
IBx1
Andysdorm
'96reese
Shintsu
texasfan010
turtleman
palermocorey90
AA
albertj
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Another source of LED lighting:

http://www.ledlight.com/automotive-led-lights.aspx

They have even more styles than Chris Bacon. They are in Chandler, Arizona.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Tail Turnlights whit LED's   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:23 am

Today found somethign interesting.
has anyone ever in this forum installed those led turnlights??

link here:
http://www.macustom.eu/en/gallery/item/57

Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Buickrivieratailturnlig
Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Buickrivieratailturnligu
Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Buickrivieratailturnligb
Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Buickrivieratailturnligj
Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Buickrivieratailturnligv

they make them in estonia O.o
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:07 am

How much are they? I can't find a price anywhere. If they're reasonable, like around $100, that's what I'm saving up for next!!!

I know Europe's road regulations need you to have orange turn signals instead of red ones, but if it's a custom shop I'm sure I could have them do all red instead.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:25 am

Okay
i sended them a message.
looking at the pictures i think they may need the taillight and rebuild the whole thing themself. Defendly need to change some wires tho.

anyways will wait for ther anserw.
if its possible to install at home then maybe there are riv owners who would be intrested?
could make a croup buy or something.

also i saw one day from tv some cool led lights what you could install easely.
They are called Spider Led lights.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/spider-led-light/
Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Spiderledlighti
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 am

Personally I think that if the LED's use less energy than the 6 bulbs in the back, it'll help offset my sound system's power drain and equalize the power my car uses from the alternator/battery. That's always a good thing!

Edit: I just realized that the page is just for the turn signals. I'm interested in the entire taillight being a red LED conversion, not just the tips.

Last edited by IBx1 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 am

IBx1 wrote:
Personally I think that if the LED's use less energy than the 6 bulbs in the back, it'll help offset my sound system's power drain and equalize the power my car uses from the alternator/battery. That's always a good thing!
same whit HID lights...
hids take 35W normal halos 55W
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 am

Yeah, the HID's use a lot less energy which is one reason why I put them on. They use 51W to warm up but that's still less than the halogens.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:11 pm

He mailed me back now.
The ledpanel costs 1000EEK (65Euro)
Ledpanel whit installing and changing wires costs 1500EEK (96Euro)
He also told that he could convert just anythign into leds.

btw
the spider led lights are here for 27,99$
availeble in white, red and yellow
http://www.ledlight.com/t25-spider-led-light.aspx

wonder how they would look on riv

Last edited by Snowdog on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Shipping would probably cost just as much...are those prices for the entire taillights, or just for the turn signals?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:23 pm

IBx1 wrote:
Shipping would probably cost just as much...are those prices for the entire taillights, or just for the turn signals?

for turn signals.
but if you would want to let him build the whole tail light guess it could be maybe 2500EEK(160Euro)
well thats my guessing anyways
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 9:22 pm

I was wondering did they have those LED lights like they have on the Saabs that you can put on another car..now if only I can 1) find them and 2) find someone to install them
Back to top Go down
ghost88
Enthusiast

Name : Abe

PostSubject: Turn signal lamps and Audi Style LED strips   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:30 pm

I've always thought that with the Low beam lights on the front end of the Rivi doesnt look right without the sides lights being on and wondered if anybody has wired the turn signal lights to come on and stay on with the headlights.

Not only would it look alot better since ive swapped them out for amber Silverstars but the extra lighting would be pretty convenient.

Also was thinking that a amber LED strip going across the bottom the headlight and turn signal light would look. Thinking something along the lines of these in either white or amber:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-A5-Style-LED-20-DRL-Strip-Lights-BMW-128i-135i-59_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem20aceaae8bQQitemZ140340014731QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
ghost88
Enthusiast

Name : Abe

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:31 pm

BTW already have 8k HIDs so the white/blue LEDs would match pretty good
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:04 pm

The spoiler on my Riv sets it apart from every other Riviera Ive seen so far in the city. The only bad thing is that the LED lights in it were blown! Now I have to replace them.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:57 pm

try oznium.com for high brightness led lights if you don't have a source already.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks! Im going to look into ordering them first thing in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:33 am

Have you tried contacting the company that supplied the spoiler.??
The one i got, the LED's have worked from day one and have not had a problem yet. It's been over a year since i installed it.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:03 am

I havent yet. I figured by the time they sent them out I'd have already put new ones in. It cant be the wiring either, because Ive unhooked it, wired it back up again, and still no lights.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Maybe you wired them backwards? LEDs normally have a very long lifespan. They can burn out, usually don't in a brake lamp application.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
#1BearsFan

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 pm

I agree with Aaron, I would double check to see if the wires are reversed, also double check your feed line for voltage. I doubt they are burnt...
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah thats what the guy at AutoZone said. They are usually long-lived bulbs and I cant see any good reason why a new product wouldnt be functioning properly. Tomorrow morning Im going to disconnect the wiring and start over again. The guy who installed it was a retired GM dealership bodyman and after he tried a few times, we gave up and I had my uncle try twice, and they both had the same effect. I'll check that connection though. They had these plastic connectors with them that you plug the wire into, and hook the brake wires into the other side. I want to see wire on wire contact to be sure, so I'll try that first thing in the morning.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:21 am

We got the wiring together today and the light works perfectly. Turns out the body man wired it wrong and my uncle half ass checked it, and my friend came behind both of them and in 10 minutes rewired it and rerouted the wiring.
Back to top Go down
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
#1BearsFan

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 am

cool..... yay
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 pm

twisted ...show pictures OR it didn't happen. (just kidding) devil

Albertj

popcorn
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:15 pm

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
We got the wiring together today and the light works perfectly. Turns out the body man wired it wrong and my uncle half ass checked it, and my friend came behind both of them and in 10 minutes rewired it and rerouted the wiring.

Congrats!! joy

As many have found before, oftentimes the simplest (and cheapest) explanation is the right one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exterior LED lighting   Exterior LED lighting - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exterior LED lighting
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next