Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?

Go down 
+11
Mr.Riviera
shrek
TonySmooth89
deekster_caddy
AA
albertj
turtleman
SC95Riv
IBx1
99Rivman
BoattailBob
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 am

I guess I'm just getting old... I don't understand why anyone would want to disable their DRL's, with all the morons who almost pull out in front of me, if it wasn't for my DRL's.

And as far as the Twilight Sentinel, I understand the need to hide from the cops... But as I said, my mod will still let you do that. cool
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 am

Eldo wrote:
I guess I'm just getting old... I don't understand why anyone would want to disable their DRL's, with all the morons who almost pull out in front of me, if it wasn't for my DRL's.
believe me, it wouldnt matter if you had your high beams on, some people just really suck at driving.
i say that because when i still had DRLs and had silverstar lows, i always used to drive around in the day with my low beams on instead of DRLs, people still pulled out on me lights on or off.
the main factors with people pulling out are:
how stupid are they?
and is the size of the vehicle/speed its traveling intimidating to them?

because ive noticed how driving slower in my dads big truck compared to faster in my car, nobody pulls out on the truck no matter how fast its moving cause they dont want to get smoked by a huge truck.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Time to trade up to a Chevy Kodiak!! hammer

(but remember, your low-beams are aimed lower than the high-beams - so even at 1/2-power, someone notices my DRL's farther away in daylight than your full-power low beams. I've seen 'em start to pull out, then hit the brakes...)
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:43 pm

i realize that, but add that on top of the fact that my car doesnt exactly "blend in". i think people would see something else flashing on my car before they saw any DRLs.
you have to be a complete moron to not see my car and pull out, and believe me people do. even when i had the DRLs, its all about whos driving.
just like how some old grandma driving the wrong way in the parking lot at walmart almost drove straight into me this morning because she didnt see me until she was no more than 20ft away. some people just werent meant to drive and i highly doubt DRLs make that much of a difference.
when your DRLs are on no other running lights on your car are on, so essentially if DRLs were to do something, it would only be from the front. there are other parts of your car that they "wont see" because of no lights.
in my eyes if you need DRLs on every car in order to see them in broad daylight, you shouldnt have a license anyway.
the issue is not the DRLs....
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I agree with you on the average intellect out there... plus, here in Cali we're being flooded with illiterate illegals who don't even have a license in the first place!

Perhaps the DRL's should be renamed the real "Idiot Lights"... wink
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 am

Eldo wrote:
I agree with you on the average intellect out there... plus, here in Cali we're being flooded with illiterate illegals who don't even have a license in the first place!
funny you say that, i was just watching speeders yesterday and a guy in a brand new avalanche got pulled over and had no license and no green card...how the hell did he get that avalanche?

Quote :
Perhaps the DRL's should be renamed the real "Idiot Lights"... wink
i couldnt agree more, maybe cars should start being built with strobed perimeter lighting for the people that cant see rolleyes
honestly though, how far are auto makers going to go with the driver aids? instead of taking stupid people off of the road they make cars more easy for them, now days we have cars that tell us not to change lanes because theres a sensor that sensed a car in the other lane, what happened to looking before changing lanes? what happens when that feature breaks?
or my personal favorite: automatic parallel parking...WOW razz
are people really that stupid now days? take the bus! its the same thing as the lane changing, what happens when your automatic parallel parking mechanism fails and either scratches the shit out of your car, or doesnt work all together? "sorry guys i cant make it i cant park my car because it usually just does it on its own and i might get in an accident on the way there changing lanes if my car doesnt beep at me"
i could go on and on lol ...
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Quote :
are people really that stupid now days? take the bus! its the same thing as the lane changing, what happens when your automatic parallel parking mechanism fails and either scratches the shit out of your car, or doesnt work all together? "sorry guys i cant make it i cant park my car because it usually just does it on its own and i might get in an accident on the way there changing lanes if my car doesnt beep at me"

The question is, when (not if) the parallel parking feature fails, will there be a massive class action lawsuit against Ford, or do they have enough legal mumbo jumbo built into their park assist feature to protect them from driver stupidity?

In MA, parallel parking is required to get a drivers license, it's part of the driving test. (or at least it used to be).

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Quote :

The question is, when (not if) the parallel parking feature fails, will there be a massive class action lawsuit against Ford, or do they have enough legal mumbo jumbo built into their park assist feature to protect them from driver stupidity?

In MA, parallel parking is required to get a drivers license, it's part of the driving test. (or at least it used to be).

Ugh.

it is also required to get a license here in MN too, ive always wondered what the instructor would say if you used the auto-park on the test. honestly this falls in the same category as ABS, traction control, and all of the "features" on todays luxury cars that are only there for the idiots. if you cant drive a car, dont. it cant be said any more clearly.
i could even go as far as seatbelts and airbags, i understand that they save lives (most of the time), but its like the auto makers made the car knowing that dumbasses would be behind the wheel of 75% of the cars on the road and at some point will hit someone. i personally never wear my seatbelt because i never plan on being dumb enough to crash my car, and honestly i believe driving tests should be harder than they are and cover a wider range of situations. like how they turn the radio off and have no distractions and then just drive around the block a few times. just so when they get their license and leave they will be on the phone and picking up friends and listening to music when technically they werent even properly trained to multi-task and drive at the same time. i feel that driving class taught common sense that was obvious, and the rest was up to me. i think driving tests should involve a test track portion where the driver pushes the car to the limits and is judged based on how they react and control the car. and dont even get me started on the elderly that only had to pay X amount of cents for a license and NO driving class/test.
maybe if it were harder to obtain a license, there wouldnt be so many accidents...
[/rant] lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?   FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: How to disable headlamps & daytime running lights?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3