Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

watch em, like a hawk!

Go down 
+3
T Riley
Jack the R
robotennis61
7 posters
AuthorMessage
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

watch em, like a hawk! Empty
PostSubject: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:35 am

i dropped my driver kick panel to scan my obd, and when i did i found out that the shop where i had a aftermarket alarm with remote control and shock sensor instaled with pager included, what i found was a mess of spaghetti that just droped out from the top of the kick panel. the instalers must have just stuffed it into the spaces available to just get the job done,and collect my hard earned cash! i am going back to the shop to give them a rash of s..t asap....just a word of caution to those who might be considering a alarm with pager, "watch em like a hawk! '.........the control module was just wedged into whatever space the guy could find,and the sensitivity control the same! man am i pissed...........and nothing zip tied down......grrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 4:05 am

Yeah, that's been my experience, although for me it was an alignment issue. If you want things done right, anything the slightest bit unusual (and a lot of common things too apparently), you've got to do it yourself.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 11:19 am

AMEN......... i brought my car back to MAACO 4 times....... and then i gave them a lecture on EXACTLY how i wanted it done..... AND how they were GOING to do it.......... none the less....... it got done and im happy.

i did get the "signature package" which is the best one..... and yah it turned out good BUT i still wouldnt bring it back when i go to Triple Diamond black after college
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 4:15 pm

You got a good paint job from MAACO?! shocked
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 7:00 pm

if i need my riv seriously worked...im callin one of u guys lol
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 7:16 pm

MAACO... there used to be a 'good' one near me, but they changed hands. I got a quote for my car anyway, and the guy said "Why would you put an $1800 paint job on an 8 year old car?" Holy sh*t I mean really now, who does he think his customers are? People with new cars? Needless to say I left at that point.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 9:49 pm

From what I gather Maaco basically exists to service used car dealers who want to slap quick, very temporary, paint jobs on high mileage vehicles with the paint peeling off. They do just enough work to fool the average car buying shmuck into thinking "Oooh, this is niiiice. This was well taken care of." Then a few months later the paint starts peeling off because the only prep work Maaco did was to wipe the body down with a tack cloth.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 1:14 am

you really pay for what you get when you go to MAACO.............. now i KNOW i would never go there again , but im still happy with the paint...since it was sooo much money............. i did get the base coat clear coat................. SATISFIED but not perfect
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 am

yeah maaco is junk... my dad got a maaco paint job with their 5 year warranty ( the top paint job they have) and its started peeling after like 6 months. and we had to take it back because it had some flaws once before and its got some spots where the paint has run... it was terrible.
Back to top Go down
racinfan
Addict
racinfan

Name : Joe
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 am

98riviera98 wrote:
i did get the base coat clear coat................. SATISFIED but not perfect

Did they try to sell that as something special?? nono
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 4:39 am

TonySmooth89 wrote:
yeah maaco is junk... my dad got a maaco paint job with their 5 year warranty ( the top paint job they have) and its started peeling after like 6 months.

Probably because they didn't bother to clean the wax off before they painted it shocked
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:33 am

[quote="Jack the R"]
TonySmooth89 wrote:
yeah maaco is junk... started peeling after like 6 months.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH its been about 6 months for me.............. and still no peeling banana banana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: watch em, like a hawk!   watch em, like a hawk! Empty

Back to top Go down

watch em, like a hawk!
Page 1 of 1