Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Spent some more money!

Go down 
+14
Mr.Riviera
AA
BillBoost37
deekster_caddy
97rivman
TonySmooth89
nothincame2mind
T Riley
Jack the R
palermocorey90
TType_Riviera
RhinoFLA
oldsman105
ewolfe0050
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

Spent some more money! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spent some more money!   Spent some more money! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:10 am

Congrats!

My 1st gear comes a lot later, too, but it's through programming instead of gear ratio change. Mine winds out pretty far compared to stock. Same with 2nd and 3rd. I also have my downshifting curve set aggressively to allow me to use those gears more completely. You may want to look into reprogramming your shift points to exactly the way you like them.

The Riviera is a PITA for some people because they are unfamiliar with the design. Other than the belts (which aren't too bad), everything's pretty easy, imo. I haven't worked on W-body cars, though.

Best of luck with the IC install. This is going to be one incredible car when you're finished!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: Spent some more money!   Spent some more money! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 1:59 pm

I've worked on both. I'd say the Riv is a little easier than W's. Although that comes from someone that is used to H's. When you are used to one..it seems easier than the others.
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: Spent some more money!   Spent some more money! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Well, my IC and cam install has been put off one more week unfortunately. I did purchase my Mezeire WP and SLP 1.80:1 adjustable rockers today. Looks like those will be put on before the cam and IC. The cam I am putting in was designed for this setup rather than ported and polished heads plus it's a little cheaper.
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Spent some more money!   Spent some more money! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 am

ewolfe0050 wrote:
Well, my IC and cam install has been put off one more week unfortunately. I did purchase my Mezeire WP and SLP 1.80:1 adjustable rockers today. Looks like those will be put on before the cam and IC. The cam I am putting in was designed for this setup rather than ported and polished heads plus it's a little cheaper.

how much lift are you gonna be getting with that cam AND 1.8 rockers?
and are you still running the stock heads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spent some more money!   Spent some more money! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spent some more money!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3