Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

series I ECM/computer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zombiesarebad
zombiesarebad

Name : Brian
Merit : 0

series I ECM/computer Empty
PostSubject: series I ECM/computer   series I ECM/computer EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:58 pm

hi. I've been told that the ECM is likely the problem I'm having with my Riv so I'm going to replace it. I called the junkyard though and they said that I have to find one with a matching serial # on it (???). I thought you could use a computer out of any '95 GM car with a 3800? Anybody know?
Back to top Go down
scoopy03
Amateur

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: series I ECM/computer   series I ECM/computer EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 12:04 am

not just any. it has to be out of the same if it is supercharged has to be out of a supercharged one of 1994-1995.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: series I ECM/computer   series I ECM/computer EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 1:34 am

You were told it was the ECM. Were you just told or were you given an explanation as to why? Please comment, thanks.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: series I ECM/computer   series I ECM/computer EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 am

94/95 GM ECU's were among the worst years for any computer ever.

You do not need to ensure the same type of car (supercharged) if you change the Eprom by removing the access cover. The Eprom has not been found to be bad and will ensure you have the correct programming and transmission information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: series I ECM/computer   series I ECM/computer Empty

Back to top Go down

series I ECM/computer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: