Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator

Go down 
+15
al_roethlisberger
werdstrave
robotennis61
LARRY70GS
RidzRiv
lionfish
deekster_caddy
96RivSCMI
BillBoost37
dreww
TonySmooth89
1998 Riv
Mr.Riviera
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

Name : Todd Balestrini
Merit : 5

FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 pm

So I replaced all the vacuum line going from the modulator to the TB and SC. I have it 2-3 turns from closed and it still feels the same  confused 
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:44 pm

96_Juggernaut wrote:
So I replaced all the vacuum line going from the modulator to the TB and SC. I have it 2-3 turns from closed and it still feels the same   confused 

Turn it all the way in and then back it out incrementally until it no longer shifts harshly
Back to top Go down
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:50 pm

robotennis61 wrote:

96_Juggernaut wrote:
So I replaced all the vacuum line going from the modulator to the TB and SC. I have it 2-3 turns from closed and it still feels the same   confused 

Turn it all the way in and then back it out incrementally until it no longer shifts harshly
Thanks for the tip, however I wanted a more solid shift and it still shifts on the soft side.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:00 pm

96_Juggernaut wrote:

robotennis61 wrote:

96_Juggernaut wrote:

Thanks for the tip, however I wanted a more solid shift and it still shifts on the soft side.

dat sux. Get yerself one of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/awr-tcet4618/overview/

just jam it in dere,piece o cake to make it work.
Back to top Go down
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Ordered smile
Back to top Go down
Animator
Animator

Name : Rob
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:29 pm

TonySmooth89 wrote:

Mr.Riviera wrote:
ouch! return it and go to autozone
part # mv303

nervous

Yeah definitely get the new one from autozone.

I am so glad I stumbled on this thread. This forum is pure gold.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:38 pm

$2400.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Todd,
Exactly what kind of modulator are you using? The small brass ones are made to be adjustable. The larger ones are not readily adjustable. They have sealant around the threaded stud at the end. Anytime you adjust that kind, you must reseal the threads or it will leak vacuum. In any case, the modulator only adjusts minimum and part throttle shift points (2-5 MPH), and to a minor degree, shift feel. Turning the screw in makes for later, firmer shifts, and turning the screw out makes for earlier softer shifts. Be careful with the adjustment when turning it out. It is possible to lower the transmission line pressure to the point where clutches slip and wear. If you want harder shifts, a shift kit is the answer. The modulator adjustment is limited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am

I have the pioneer brand that everyone was recommending. After playing around with it alittle more I noticed the shifts do in fact feel slightly more crisp. It just took alot more turns then I was expecting to achieve it. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator   FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Transmission Shift Modulator
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3