Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

interior questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

interior questions Empty
PostSubject: interior questions   interior questions EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:36 am

aight fellas here we go.
1. ive seen people put the after market head unit in the spot were the 4 cd holder sits in the center counsel. are you still able to use your steering wheel controls by doing this? and how do you get the wiring done for the radio?

2. the area of the dash pad where it meets up with the door.........mine sits up about an inch and does not meet evenly with the door. i know its sumthin very small but it is very irritating. is there a way gettting this to be flush?? do i have to remove the dash pad to do this, and is it hard to remove that pad?

3. were can i get replacement carpet for my car? mine is nasty as hell. with me being a mechanic i sumtimes hop in the riv with no plastic or paper on the floor or seat when i go on lunch....same goes when i have to bring tools home for side jobs.

i think i touched on everything
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

interior questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: interior questions   interior questions EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:15 am

'96reese wrote:
aight fellas here we go.
1. ive seen people put the after market head unit in the spot were the 4 cd holder sits in the center counsel. are you still able to use your steering wheel controls by doing this? and how do you get the wiring done for the radio?

2. the area of the dash pad where it meets up with the door.........mine sits up about an inch and does not meet evenly with the door. i know its sumthin very small but it is very irritating. is there a way gettting this to be flush?? do i have to remove the dash pad to do this, and is it hard to remove that pad?

3. were can i get replacement carpet for my car? mine is nasty as hell. with me being a mechanic i sumtimes hop in the riv with no plastic or paper on the floor or seat when i go on lunch....same goes when i have to bring tools home for side jobs.

1. You can get an adapter to use the steering wheel control on an aftermarket head unit. I can't remember exactly how they wired the stereo to work down there, but I think they just rearranged the wires to go down there and used a wiring kit. Why do you want to change the head unit? The stock one is pretty good and should work fine for what you need. Hopefully AA chimes in on the stock head unit.

2. Mine has a similar problem. You can adjust it, but it seems to move back on its own over time. Look at this thread https://rivperformance.editboard.com/interior-f20/write-up-riv-dash-and-door-removal-t1187.htm. Once you have the black piece removed, you should be able to see how to move it up or down.

3. I have no idea. I would check this thread and maybe one of them carries it https://rivperformance.editboard.com/info-reference-f50/discount-gm-parts-sources-t488.htm.

Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

interior questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: interior questions   interior questions EmptyMon May 19, 2008 5:37 pm

'96reese wrote:
aight fellas here we go.

98riv wrote:

3. I have no idea. I would check this thread and maybe one of them carries it https://rivperformance.editboard.com/info-reference-f50/discount-gm-parts-sources-t488.htm.

I'm pretty sure there is no place to order new carpet at this time, the manufacturer has stopped making it and there is no after market out there so far. Only place I would know of is a junk yard and most of that would probably be ruined if it has been there for any length of time?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

interior questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: interior questions   interior questions Empty

Back to top Go down

interior questions
Page 1 of 1