Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
superchargedmoney
Amateur

Merit : 0

S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!! Empty
PostSubject: S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!!   S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 7:51 am

help OK fellas we got a code 123 in Philly. So there I was leaving the store after polaticking with some female on my way to work when it happened. evil I got in my car started it and all hell broke loose. First when I turned the key it got stuck in the start position. Then every time I touched it you could hear the ring gear and my stareter disagreeing. Eventualy after playing with it I got it to the on position. Then when I tried to pull off she acted as if the parking brake was still on and the brake light on the dash was on. So I pressed it to realease it but the rear tires locked up headshot . i then pressed it again after hearing my allready bald tires skreetching. But there was no change the car still acted as if the parking brake was on. I managed to get her back around the corner to my house but when I got home and tried to turn her off and she told me no. The damn key wouldn't go to the off position. So in a panic I forgot everything I ever new about a car, opened the hood and started yanking ignition wires. After that didn't work I just disconnected the battery. I need help my guess would be the ignition lock cylinder went bad but I dont think that would make her drive like that. When I bought her I got her from a friend who wanted to get rid of it because of a trany leak which once in my posession i found to be just a bad line which I patched up and hasn't leaked since. So i dont think that i sudduly f*cked up the trans. it hasn't skiped a beat since i started driving her. I took the covers off the steering column but i cant see anything visibly wrong. What do u guys think? I dont want to go out to Autozone and pay the $116 for a part I don't need. I cant afford to waste money. I got tuition to pay but i need the car to get to school and work. Any advice or it happened to me so I... stories welcome.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!!   S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 10:25 pm

A more clear description of the problem would help us figure out what ails your Riv.

The parking brake is stuck on? The lock cylinder is stuck? It sounds like most of your problems relate to a lock cylinder.
Back to top Go down
superchargedmoney
Amateur

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!!   S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 am

yeah thats what I think. I don't know how much more clear can I be. Its a 95 Riv SC. when I turned the key on thats where it stayed. I cant get the key to go back. I dont think the parking brake is stuck on because when I pressed it to release it it engaged but even after I released it after that the brake light was still on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!!   S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

S.O.S. 95 supercharged Riv down!!! Pimp in distress!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: