Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Power Antenna ??

Go down 
+12
dscott2000
duster_do_little
deekster_caddy
Chicken
lionfish
albertj
ibmoses
1998 Riv
Natesriv
Rivierachubbyboy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:11 pm

You could wire your own switch to the antenna, independent of the radio. I forget exactly which wire it is, or if it's+ or -, but it's just an on-off signal.
Back to top Go down
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
You could wire your own switch to the antenna, independent of the radio. I forget exactly which wire it is, or if it's+ or -, but it's just an on-off signal.

I agree.. That would be the best way. It would just be easier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543
sqrivi
Fanatic

Name : scott
Merit : 52

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:00 am

Does your stereo have both a blue wire and a blue with white stripe? If so hook your power antenna wire to the blue/white wire instead of the blue. This way the antenna will be up whenever the stereo is on. You could also connect the power antenna wire to the ignition wire powering the stereo. This will make the antenna go up whenever the ignition is on.
Back to top Go down
99prixgt
99prixgt

Name : Erik
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:23 am

you could tap the antenna wire to the accessory wire on the radio, so it will go up when the radio turns on and go down when the radio goes off.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:55 pm

better to use just a swich or connect the blue wire whit the aftermarket radios blue wire(remote antenna)
if u connect it just whit the ignission then you can not turn make it go in when the car is running. well its good in some automatic car waches.
Back to top Go down
duster_do_little
Enthusiast
duster_do_little

Name : Dustin
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Yeah, I have blue with white and just blue. So if I took the stereo out and hooked the blue with white up to the antenna, then it would still go down when I turned the stereo off?

I didn't buy the wiring kit, I just hard wired it all in, so it's not tough to cut the wire and sauder it to a different wire. Fitting all of the wiring back in behind the stereo will probably be a PITA though, lol...3 sets of RCA's, antenna adapter (universal, so it has quite a few plugs on it).

Is there an easier way to get everything to fit back there? Like a panel I can take off so that I can still get to the wires to move them while I'm pushing the stereo in.
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Yes, connect the antenna to the blue/white and the antenna will go down when the deck is turned off.
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:09 am

is there a way that the antenna would not come up at all, even if your listening to the radio?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:23 am

millerje18 wrote:
is there a way that the antenna would not come up at all, even if your listening to the radio?

that depends on the head unit. Not with stock, but I had an aftermarket head unit once that would close the power antenna when you weren't using the radio. I wish I could remember the brand but it was a looong time ago. You could always skip the head unit and wire the antenna to your own switch, manually controlling the up/down.
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:20 am

(With stock radio) when the antenna is in the down position, at the antenna in the trunk, unplug or cut the wires going to the antenna. No need to unplug the larger antenna cable itself, just the smaller wires. If you cut the wires cut them one at a time.

(with aftermarket radio) don't hook up the blue wire on the back of the radio.
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

thanks derek and scott. it worked out good. i think i like the look of my riviera without the antenna. only problem now is that when i search through my stations it skips a couple. ugh.......... ill see if i can deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna ??   Power Antenna ?? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Antenna ??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3