Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

deekster_caddy's Riv pictures

Go down 
+30
jbird
Jason
DEMonte1997
Snowdog
AA
ibmoses
woggy
robotennis61
95RiviSC
L67
BMD
Rickw
millerje18
SToP
ewolfe0050
Steve98
99Rivman
1998 Riv
SuperRiv07
jimmyriv
IBx1
oldsman105
captshiner
Chicken
TonySmooth89
Mr.Riviera
T Riley
deekster_caddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Looks awesome Derek! I love those Borbets on a Riv. Should find myself a set as well. smile
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 am

Any pictures in the sunlight yet.
The one's in the shop didn't show the silver very well, except for the pic in the spray booth.
The shop lights made it look almost white color.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 am

A bunch:

deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 Web

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:51 am

Some more:

Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:53 am

looks sweet!
gotta love those fall colors, and all those fallen leaves.
don't get that here.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:00 am

Looks very good Derek. Nice job.
I need to take the body shop classes and save some money on our cars as well as learning some new tricks. Access to the paint booth alone is worth it.
I noticed the flat black paint on the trim around your sunroof.
Mine is peeling off the same way. Do you have a plan for that and maybe you could share what your going to do and how.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:03 pm

I haven't mad any plan for the sunroof trim yet. It's very low on my list...

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Looks great , I am sure you are pleased with your choice of colour, and your finish is quite nice, great job Derek!
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Is that your "man cave" in front of the car?

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 am

ibmoses wrote:
Is that your "man cave" in front of the car?

Bert tavis

lol indeed, I suppose it is. It's not worthy of inside pics though... My '73 LeSabre resides there and I have 455 parts scattered all around right now.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:11 am

Looks great. It's even better knowing you took a course and did it yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Well, it's time for an update. Many many years later I must say a permanent goodbye and RIP to my beloved '98. I see that many of my photo links are broken, so here are a few to serve as reminders.

1) Black, with the Borbet wheels I used to have...
deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 5940016543_000f961eb9_b

2) After I painted the roof in Galaxy Mist silver and repainted the right rear and trunk:
deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 7556631022_e582723234_b

In my opinion this photo was taken in it's prime. I never did get to finish painting the rest of the car's black.

Many, many years and two owners later, it's time to say goodbye and RIP to "my" '98. When I picked up my Yukon, I ended up selling the Riv to my brother. My brother put another 100K miles on it, but then rust started taking over again.

In the meantime I got my '73 Buick running well and sold off my Yukon - to my father, who decided he needed to abandon his house and live in a travel trailer, and needed something to pull it with. So now I drive the Volt, LeSabre and MG...

After my bro put a bajillion miles on the Riv (and rarely even washed it, to my disappointment) we decided that the subframe was too far gone and it was time to retire it. There were all sorts of strange cracking noises coming from underneath on corners, the sway bar mounts had torn out of the subframe, brake lines were rotting through and rust was coming back behind the passenger side door where I had repaired it years ago (kicking off the black and silver paint job seen above). So he got another car and we were preparing to part out the '98.

While we were delaying the '98 partout, my dad crashed my old Yukon down in Florida. Pretty bad, totaled the truck and 4 other cars going through an intersection. At the time we questioned his driving, but he seemed aware of the whole incident and thought the brakes had failed on the truck. Fortunately nobody was hurt. While he was in the hospital from the wreck they discovered his prostate cancer... So he's broke and needs a car. We started considering the Riv sitting next to my garage and took a more serious look at what was wrong with it.

Turns out two of the rear subframe mounts were completely shot - one on the right rear had the bolt snap off when we tried to replace it, one on the left rear the sheetmetal around the nut was all cracked and broken. We replaced the subframe mounts that we could, put in new struts, shocks and brakes, and the car rode beautifully! We sent the Riv down to Florida where it could putter around waiting for a peaceful retirement. (we removed the supercharger belt permanently to reduce the likelihood of further damage to the subframe or floor).

Fast forward to now...  Dad has been through Chemo treatments and responded well, moved up here to live near us in MA and have access to some great medical care which is working out well for him. But he's tired. Yesterday he dozed off while driving my Riv home from a job interview (!) and jumped over a couple of driveway embankments, went through about 200 ft of woods, grazed off a tree, then came to a stop back in the road. Amazingly nobody was hurt. After he got out of the hospital I grabbed my car trailer and went down to the towing company that had the car. After further inspection...  I decided not to bring it home even to part out. Once again the Riv shows it's toughness, doing it's job and protecting it's passengers.

A pic of it's demise:
deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 28865214476_08287e2b55_c

And all of my Riv pictures on Flickr, where hopefully they stay for a while:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjVRXCc4

So there's the update, and my final goodbye and RIP to what was once my pride and joy.
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 3:58 pm

The pictures tell a story.
The Riv sure served your family well.
RIP alright, it earned it!

Jbird
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 5:09 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 8:35 pm

It went out with a bang RIP
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 am

turtleman wrote:
It went out with a bang RIP

It sure did. That bang was the airbags going off! At least it protected the passengers like it was supposed to.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 3:37 pm

dang, deek. Glad everyone was kept safe.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 4:59 pm

cry

*sigh* Glad he's ok, man. RIP Riv angel
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Ouch.

Glad no one was hurt.

Beastly car.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deekster_caddy's Riv pictures   deekster_caddy's Riv pictures - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

deekster_caddy's Riv pictures
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4