Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Decided to go all out with my Riviera

Go down 
+8
albertj
Jack the R
nothincame2mind
turtleman
deekster_caddy
ibmoses
1wickedninja
Jeremy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy
Amateur

Name : Jeremy
Merit : 0

Decided to go all out with my Riviera Empty
PostSubject: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Well, after talking with you guys and long nights of hard thought, i have decided to keep my 95 and really make it the car i know it is capable of. I just ordered my new engine yesterday. The company's name is S&S Engines, and i ordered pretty much the best engine they build. It is a 3800 series one vin 1 engine that is being built to the nines. I got JE Forged Blower/Nitrous pistons and gap-less rings, Eagle crank and H-Beam rods, the heads will be ported and polished with a three angle valve job and hardened stainless steel intake and exhaust valves. the exhaust valves also are coated with Stellite for better durability and longer life. The heads also feature hardened seats and keepers. They are completely balancing the entire rotating assembly as well. They have guaranteed me that I do not have a chance in hell of blowing this one up, and even said i could do nitrous or even a turbo without voiding their SEVEN year warranty. They guarantee the engine up to 650hp, and will cover parts and labor if it fails within the warranty period. I wont say how much the engine is costing me, but i will say its within $800 for what i paid for the car... that being said, I have also ordered a Walbro 255lph pump and MSD 2220 adjustable fuel pressure regulator to go wit my 13lb pulley setup for the M62. Speaking of the charger its being ported and polished as well which still wont get it even close to the M90 that most of you guys have. The computer is in the mail to Sinister Performance to be reflashed, and I did manage to find a 1.7 ratio rocker set to go on as well. My engine will be ready in 7-12 business days, so this weekend i aim to have my old engine out and stripped so that i can get my parts in the shop to have ready for when the new engine arrives. i hope to have the car ready by at least the first of November, and cant wait to get some pics up for you guys to see. Wish me luck, and I'm glad you guys talked me into keeping my Riviera.
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Sounds bad ass man good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Very impressed! clap

I nominate you for Riv of the month, pending pics.
If thats possible. lmao

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Does the place you got your engine from have a websight?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:25 pm

So, you've got the bulletproof engine planned... What about airflow? Cam? Turbo? Don't just drop pulley sizes, the hot air will still cause problems...

After all this you should really find a place to make you a custom cam grind... A nitrous cam is different than a turbo cam is different than a supercharger cam, etc etc...

Larger valves in the heads?
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:29 pm

so you're going to build the most monstrous M62/n2o build possible?
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Sweet! What about the tranny?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:40 pm

I believe you will be very happy about keeping the Riv very soon thumbsup
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Wow!

bow

Albertj

PS: http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Name : Andrew
Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:11 pm

I definately want to see this thing. The Riv has the potential to be a real beast. More power to you my man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129
Jeremy
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I would definately like to upgrade the cam. Who does custom cam grinds? A website maybe? As far as my engine builder, they are local and i will see if they have a website. They have been specializing in series one engines for Grand Nationals for 15 years, so they have alot of parts for 3800 engines. I really would like to do a turbo but i have no idea as to how in the world to make that work. What kind of manifold would i have to invent to allow such? my mind has been pondering this, would it be possible to gut out my charger and still keep it for the intake?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Definately will employ nitrous. I do already have another transmission, and need to have it built and ready soon for when my stock ones absolutely explodes... and good companies you guys have used? shift kits? Converters?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Cam or bust......... sorry dogg
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Jeremy
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 pm

Well i will try to find one asap. That way i can put it in wile the engineis out of the car.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Jeremy wrote:
Well i will try to find one asap. That way i can put it in wile the engineis out of the car.

Key!......... no offense but you won't be happy unless its cammed........
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:26 pm

So, anyone know who makes a bad SI cam? I don't think the FWD SI is the same as the RWD Buick 3.8, is it? A worthwhile question to ask, because there are plenty of places to get a GN cam.
Back to top Go down
vendetta
Enthusiast
vendetta

Name : Nick

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:49 pm

a Series one cam will have to be custom cut, thats why no one has done it
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 1:06 am

Wow, this sound very cool! All of the Series I guys are probably drooling at the thought of what's being done here, and some of those who abandoned their Series I mod plans are probably scratching their heads.

I don't think you need a cam to make this car fast. We've seen Series II Rivs go into the 12s with rockers & N20. I think I saw 1.8:1 roller rockers for the Series I. Go with those instead of 1.7:1.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decided to go all out with my Riviera   Decided to go all out with my Riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

Decided to go all out with my Riviera
Page 1 of 1