Riviera Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
High Chaparral
High Chaparral

Name : Chris
Merit : 1

FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options   FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Sorry it's been a spell.
All 3 rides hanging tough.
Picked (2) of these up off Amazon the other day for the Riviera.

Moog ST8581 Strut and Coil Spring Assembly
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

$45.87
Condition: New

Also picked up (2) tie rod ends - total for all (4) items: $109.76

Hoping they don't raise the front too much.
Will post some before and after pics.

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 164

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options   FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 pm

I hope they work out well.

I am disgusted with the low quality of wheel bearings I got from Moog several months ago - toasted them already and do not plan to ever buy another. I hope your outcome with the struts is better, would not take much.
Back to top Go down
nickwon

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options   FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 3:49 am

High Chaparral wrote:
Sorry it's been a spell.
All 3 rides hanging tough.
Picked (2) of these up off Amazon the other day for the Riviera.

Moog ST8581 Strut and Coil Spring Assembly
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

$45.87
Condition: New

Also picked up (2) tie rod ends - total for all (4) items: $109.76

Hoping they don't raise the front too much.
Will post some before and after pics.

How's the ride quality with Moog struts?
Back to top Go down
EyeDoc1

Name : Christen
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options   FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm

I'm in the marketplace for front struts.  Rock Auto has the Moog you referenced, however, they're selling it for $120.89.  Each.  Makes that Amazon strut either look like something lying around in the back of someone's garage or warehouse since 1999, or a counterfeit part.  Rock doesn't sell the KBY's.  Best brand names are FCS ($73 China) Gabriel ($91 China), Monroe ($103 Mexico), and AC Delco ($150 China). I called or emailed each company.  Curiously, Gabriel asked me for the AC Delco part numbers and the nice lady said "AC Delco is our customer)"

Now we all know that SOMEBODY has to make parts and this is a world wide economy and money talks.  I've researched this to death, and while AC Delco told me the parts are manufactured to their specifications, can't we make a strut here without exporting money to other countries.  On the surface, Mexico is likely to get my business.  I replace the rears with Monroes and those appear to be quite nice.  Not looking for fancy as this is a daily driver and face it, the car is 21 years old.  Like any old car, if it's not one thing, it's something else.  I'm approaching Nirvana where everything is finally in it's place, working as engineered, and rolling along like it just came out of the factory.  Except for the trunk leak and need for a filler pipe for a '98-'99 which has a hole in it the size of a nickel (and duct taped together for now).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options   FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Shocks & Struts Options
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16