Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Snowdog's Riv

Go down 
+54
charlieRobinson
joshuadalegrimes
Andysdorm
97buickriviera
ghpcnm
Abaddon
bigdave
J. Chris Davis
Rosario
96rivi
97rivsc
flyineagle96
Jason
Eldo
JT Newman
Mr.Riviera
97 park ave
L67
BMD
woggy
robotennis61
jenkkijussi
ewolfe0050
99Rivman
xxsupergman25xx
curious riv
nothincame2mind
arttu80
turtleman
EatDirtFartDust
AA
R1V 1T UP
dscott2000
Shintsu
Ironclad-454
BoattailBob
Jack the R
captshiner
Sweepspear
djlorenzana
95SuperRiv
albertj
jimmyriv
TonySmooth89
ibmoses
deekster_caddy
Rickw
IBx1
SuperRiv07
T Riley
stan
Snowdog
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 1:36 am

that sounds as a good idea but i don;t have a faxing machine.
i think it sould wourk tho if somone makes a higth resolution picture of it. so that thextes stay readeble and lines tho.
then send the picture to pc and send to me?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:09 am

Timo,
What year is your car?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:13 am

it's 1996
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 am

Did you get my PM?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:16 am

Rickw wrote:
Did you get my PM?
hehe yeh i did pm'ed back smile
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:21 am

Sent email with attachment. If you can open the attachment it has the wiring diagram you need.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 am

Thank you Juss and Rick for the pictures. got a lot more info of how they work and where they wires are. will print them out now and think about what and how to change there to make them work.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 am

Timo,
If you look at page 8-21 of the wiring diagram it looks like you can put a jumper wire from terminal F to term B on the Lamp Control Module and it will power both low and high beams.
Yes / No ?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 12:18 pm

i thinked about buting a relay on high beams..and a extra wire from battery to relay...then they should work tho.
if i get it done...if anyone is intrested of doing a mod like that in future...i can make pictures of steps...and make a writeup.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Yes, do document how you get it done. I would like to try the HID's sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:20 pm

The HIDS do look better against the blue paint. I wonder if the halogens look better against warm paint hues?

Timo your dash kit looks great. I'm a little concerned about sticking it to paint instead of the dash surface. I'm sure the 3M tape BD Trims uses will stick well to the paint, but not too confident in the paint's ability to stick to the dash. Especially where you're at. Your car's interior is going to go from super cold to room temp with the heater on, and vice versa, causing the trim pieces to expand and contract. It might tear the paint loose.

I like the colors of the steering wheel cover. It's too bad it doesn't follow the lines of the wheel, but that's always the downfall of these things.

I like the idea of cleaning up and painting the stock exhaust tips. rock I sorta like the rawness of having them hang under the bumper, but I know I'm in the minority on this one.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 am

Jack the R wrote:
The HIDS do look better against the blue paint. I wonder if the halogens look better against warm paint hues?

Timo your dash kit looks great. I'm a little concerned about sticking it to paint instead of the dash surface. I'm sure the 3M tape BD Trims uses will stick well to the paint, but not too confident in the paint's ability to stick to the dash. Especially where you're at. Your car's interior is going to go from super cold to room temp with the heater on, and vice versa, causing the trim pieces to expand and contract. It might tear the paint loose.

I like the colors of the steering wheel cover. It's too bad it doesn't follow the lines of the wheel, but that's always the downfall of these things.

I like the idea of cleaning up and painting the stock exhaust tips. rock I sorta like the rawness of having them hang under the bumper, but I know I'm in the minority on this one.

btw the car is green happy

hmm...it may happen but i guess it wont..cos...i used a special plastic matt paint on the dash..and befor i painted it..liek allways...cleaned it whit..nitro tiner...leted it dry and then painted whit small layers..leted it dry and painted again. dryed under infrared lamp. so i was sure it was tottaly dryed through befor i added the dash kit.
i just hope it wont happen.

i like the steering wheel cover tho...but yes..shame it dident match whit the wheel. was thinking if i could find somethign same materjal as the cover...and maybe just...erm...don't know the word...knit?...or something...well..would 'knit' it on the wheel...liek the stock lether is there. the upper and downer line woudl cover whti the wood trim and sides whti black lether...then it would look more original happy

the exhaust tips showed out much more fter painting..and they stay still clean...toght they get black after driving..but...seems the car burns the fuil cleanly.

anyways..ty to all for good tips

made some days ago some winter pictures smile
i just love the snow..my favorite seeson happy...the only seeson when can have fun more then ever wink
Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Pb240089mo7
Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Pb240091nk7
Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Pb240093hw3
Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Pb240094sx2
it's strange but...the Riv is a car...whit what i go sometimes drive just one the reeson that I WANNA DRIVE WHTI IT happy

i know my car isent perfect still things to do on it and one day it will be done but..
maybe those pictures woudl be good enaf for winter callender? rolleyes (A)
Back to top Go down
BoattailBob
Fanatic
BoattailBob

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:27 am

Great pics man. I think they would be great for the calander. Take some more your car looks awesome in the snow!
Back to top Go down
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Name : Nate
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Beautiful car man. I love that color, it looks awesome in the snow. You've got some skill with the camera as well. That last picture with the ski shed in the background would make a great winter month picture. Its definitely my favorite.

I give it thumbsup thumbsup (2 thumbs up)
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 3:22 pm

Indeed I must agree with everyone else, your Riv looks immaculate and very nice! For some reason, yours looks even more expensive than other Rivs - perhaps it's how nicely your dash kit goes with the interior.

What I have always found aggravating about the stupid turn signal stalk is that it won't let you push forward. I like how both our F-150 and Aurora are - you pull back and brights come on but if you let go it pops back to center position (I think the headlights stay on). If you push forward it clicks and the brights stay on. I like that idea much better than having to pull back hard enough to make them come on but not hard enough for it to click all the way back.

If you don't take offense to my suggesting, I think your Riv would look even cooler with some nice driving lights. I've always been a fan of the Angel eyes with the glowing rings on them (Until my dad decided to run out and stick some funky small square ones on instead because one of the light bulbs had a piece of the glass missing). Perhaps you have some really cool driving lights over there that we don't. Seeing your results with everything else, I'd imagine you would pick something that greatly compliments the Riv!

One other thing I think would look even cooler is if you took that steering wheel cover and put it on 180 degrees from how it is now (To where that big black part at the top is at the bottom). It looks like the wood would be on each side of the steering wheel and then at the very top which I think would look great (Looks great still though!). You may have done it for comfort reasons though, merely an idea.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 3:56 am

Shintsu wrote:
What I have always found aggravating about the stupid turn signal stalk is that it won't let you push forward. I like how both our F-150 and Aurora are - you pull back and brights come on but if you let go it pops back to center position (I think the headlights stay on). If you push forward it clicks and the brights stay on. I like that idea much better than having to pull back hard enough to make them come on but not hard enough for it to click all the way back.

If you don't take offense to my suggesting, I think your Riv would look even cooler with some nice driving lights. I've always been a fan of the Angel eyes with the glowing rings on them (Until my dad decided to run out and stick some funky small square ones on instead because one of the light bulbs had a piece of the glass missing). Perhaps you have some really cool driving lights over there that we don't. Seeing your results with everything else, I'd imagine you would pick something that greatly compliments the Riv!

One other thing I think would look even cooler is if you took that steering wheel cover and put it on 180 degrees from how it is now (To where that big black part at the top is at the bottom). It looks like the wood would be on each side of the steering wheel and then at the very top which I think would look great (Looks great still though!). You may have done it for comfort reasons though, merely an idea.

hmm....well..mod's...seems maybe i buy front day lights...but led's...what have a euro mark on...so i can use them on rod.
cos i need to repain the front and rear bumper anyways... then i can do some changes..i will install front and rear parking seencores tho...i'm just NOT used to drive a so long car...everywhere i park...where are so many cars beside me in line..but still the riv is so long..and like half meeter still sticks out happy...
will be way easyer to park then when the sencores are on.

it warns whit sound and whit display. shows how far the obiect is from front and rear in cm's
Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 843steelmatepts800mnyn0[/

and MAYBE...thoe day led lights. will save on gas when drive on day whit those lights...xenons don't take much tho...or..will just drive whit bouth on.
here are some good ones for sell:
http://www.it-cosmos.net/tuning.lobby/bigware_shop_2_0/main_bigware_39.php?bigPfad=22_96&items_id=358

[URL=http://imageshack.us]Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Drl8ledbeispielwx6
Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 8ledslgrosslj6

was thinking of buting them on sides on the trimm whats under the bumper( a part of the front bumper) on the sides of the air flow hole...make some holes in it and fit them inside so the bumper lines go smoothly together whit the lights.
and after that when parking sencores fited into bumpers tho. will ower paint them like i sayd. the bumper trimm down there will go same colour as the car.
guess that will stay as the last body change on the car besides the rear mufflers what i was thinking of installing tho. it's allready a very beatyful car what dos not need any changes. just 1 on million..perfect looking.
Back to top Go down
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:32 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
Welcome! It's cool to see Rivs around the world. Do you know how the car got there? Private import?

Getting parts will be your biggest challenge. Don't know how many places will ship internationally.

I totally agree. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 am

who sells parking sensors?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:59 am

i mayght buy from one estonian audio shop.
they sell car audio systems and other things for cars.

http://akustika.ee/pood/index.php?GID=1520&muuja=1&lang=est&currency=EEK
i think you are nto interested of buying there:D...well i dont know how much it's in $...but..in euros...320(1euro =15,56Estonian Kroons)

but im sure you can buy them from ebay tho?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 1:17 pm

I found a site:

http://preparedandsafe.com/cart/index.php?target=categories&category_id=169&gclid=CPDw6fL3uJcCFREeDQodOHupSw

Albertj
Back to top Go down
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:27 am

Keep up the good work! Just take care of your Riv! It will definately return the favor!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 am

okay time for some update.
ordered many parts from usa. Rick helped me tho for buying a new coplar, SC oil and exterjor temperature sensor.

yesterday had time and started whit changing:
1.Engine oil + filter
2. Transmission oil + filter + sealing
3.cos the oilpan was leaking and had a bad bump inside it. i had to take it off.
hited the bump out (or how ever it's called in english lol). cos i did not have a new sealing i just cleaned it atm very good and buted some special engine sealer between the oilpan and sealer. should work so long till i get a newone.

then stared to wonder if the airride system works or not. heared somimes the compressor making noise but newer saw that the rear of the car would have rised up. so i checked under the car and found out that the tubes on the compressor had cone very bad, had cracks in them and leaked. so i changed them for bigger better ones. air ride works now perfectly.

after that i run out of time and come home. next weakend should all the parts arrive from usa.
hoods and trunks lifters
right/left inner and outer tie rod's
Tensioner and idler pullys
coplar + SC oils
rear brake pad's

then i have buyed new cooling fluid for engine.
the one in engine atm looks very old and dirty. no idea when last all the things where changed.
all that costed +600$ whit shoping rolleyes

Atleas i know then that everything will be good and the car wont leave me beside rod.

if anyone intrested will make some pictures next weakend of the changes and so on.
here are some from yesterday.

Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 08022009002uo8

Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 08022009009hj2

Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 08022009004aa1

Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 08022009006hp4

Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 08022009007mc0

Oh btw...funny and weard but....when i started to change all the oils i looked on the ordometer and saw that the car had exactly 144444miles on lol
hope it dos not mean anythign bad hehe
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

Name : Timothy

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Hey Timo,

I just want to say that I love what you're doing with your Riviera. I'm learning a lot by just reading the thread. I love the color, and the fact that you like to drive it in the snow! Please post more pics of all that you're up to. I have to ask, how do you want it to look and drive when you're finished with it?
Back to top Go down
http://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:37 pm

well...i'm not going to build it into a monster hehe.
just i enjoi the looks and open mouths saying wow when i drive whit it lol.
just want to make everything work what dos not atm. make it feel again like it's a new car whitout any damages. Just nice smooth and clean. of the look..i want to make it show out that what it allready is... a luxery sport coupe. add better exhaust...2 mufflers whit 2 OO tips cut some of the rear bumper of and make it look more one peace whti the car. i do not relly like how the original exhaust tips look. just hanging down there. planing to paint many things ower again whit the same colour like drivers door, hood, front and rear bumper.

the word ''finish'' guess like every other car builder would never know that word. there is allways things to do... things to change into better.
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

Name : Timothy

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:38 am

that's awesome! I'm excited to see what you're going to do. And it looks great in the snow.
Back to top Go down
http://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowdog's Riv
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: