Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 Riviera Computer.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
senabunns
Amateur
senabunns

Name : Kyle Sena
Merit : 0

95 Riviera Computer. Empty
PostSubject: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:41 am

hi im kyle.
kind of new to this forum, have a 1995 riviera non supercharged with roughly 85k miles on it. i was wondering if neone would be able to point me in the right direction as to finding a new obdi1 computer for my car as mine seems to be intermitanly crapping out on me. any help would be much apprecieated.

thanks
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Welcome!

Check on ebay , there usually is a bunch on there i think. If that fails try contacting Ed Morad at GTPED@msn.com ( i think that's his email) and see if he has anything in stock.
Back to top Go down
senabunns
Amateur
senabunns

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:01 pm

ok so got my new computer, and everything was going good for a while than i noticed my tach start to jump around only when i would really get on the gass tho, otherwise it was working fine? any ideas what may be causeing this. i allready changed the crank shaft position sensor, can this be caused by a faulty computer?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:57 pm

I am just speculating... sounds like the cluster got wet or jarred, or the car was in a wreck and the problem is just now showing up.

You need to please tell us about all electrical modifications (stereo, fog lights, whatever) to the car. Most Riv gauges don't do this. Worse, the late model Rivieras dont like electrical mods. Some people can do mods and not have problems. Most people cause problems when they do mods.

Thinking about it, it could also be as simple as your car was wrecked & rebuilt, and something got busted in the cluster when the airbag went off or otherwise got jarred in the wreck. New cluster would fix that, and you can probably get one reasonable $$ from Ed Morad.

Last item - you'd be well served by finding and buying a factory service manual.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
senabunns
Amateur
senabunns

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 am

thank for the responce, one of the first things i tried was to replace the cluster, no luck. as far as mods go the car is completely factory stock. not even a new headunit for the radio. The only other thing that i can tell is wrong as of now is that the clockspring in the stearing wheel is worn out and the radio station sometimes changes when i turn, but i dont see how this could be affecting the cluster, but than again i have seen stanger things happen.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Another thing to possibly try on this is the ignition switch - when it goes bad it can make all sorts of wonky things happen, but that's been my experience on OBD-II cars, not the OBD-I. It's hard to tell when that goes bad, though. Have you suffered random no-start situations?
Back to top Go down
senabunns
Amateur
senabunns

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

it always starts, however some time it sounds like shit when it cranks and takes a min to turn over, but most of the time it starts beautifully
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 Riviera Computer.   95 Riviera Computer. Empty

Back to top Go down

95 Riviera Computer.
Page 1 of 1