Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

park ave brakes & suspension?

Go down 
+2
Ash
95ParkAveUltra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
95ParkAveUltra

Merit : 0

park ave brakes & suspension? Empty
PostSubject: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:08 pm

i think i have an h body but wasnt sure. was reading up on f body brake upgrades. was wondering if theres any for my car. calipers rotors anything?
Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
Ash

Name : Marty
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Park_Avenue[/url]
Back to top Go down
95ParkAveUltra

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:01 pm

lol i actually read that page when i first got the car but didnt realize it said c body. so back to my original question. is there any brake mods i can do to the C BODY?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm

body style doesnt really matter when it comes to brake or engine mods. we are a G-body that can do the same brake upgrade as the W-body cars, and the brakes themselves are off of a F-body (duh).

take a look and compare part numbers for your lower spindles to a 98 riv or 98 regal to see if they are the same.

more than likely your caliper brackets are welded to the lower knuckles making any caliper upgrade impossible without replacing the spindles too. (but the struts dont match up either, so those will need to be swapped out too. ...and the top mounts are different.)

so to be able to do a fbody upgrade on your park ave you will need to do major part comparisons to see if you can even swap out your spindles and suspension with that of another car.

Back to top Go down
arttu80
arttu80

Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Well, front calipers in PA Ultra are same for all 1994-1997 Camaros (including Z28),so I think you can use brake upgrades inteded for these cars. Ofcourse you couldn't use Camaro rotors, because of wheel lug pattern is 5x4,75" and yours is 5x115mm, but I think there's crossdrilled rotors on eBay for PA...

I do have 1994 PA Ultra myself, and my only concerns are way too soft suspension and speed limiter at about 170Kph (is it 110Mph). This thing accelerates like a beast, brakes pretty well, but is frustrating at corners. Oh, maybe it just my 15" wheels with tall tires.. lol
Back to top Go down
95ParkAveUltra

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:40 am

arttu80 wrote:
Well, front calipers in PA Ultra are same for all 1994-1997 Camaros (including Z28),so I think you can use brake upgrades inteded for these cars. Ofcourse you couldn't use Camaro rotors, because of wheel lug pattern is 5x4,75" and yours is 5x115mm, but I think there's crossdrilled rotors on eBay for PA...

well i went of autozone to compare brakes between the camaro and my PA. when i checked part numbers on rotors, they were the same. so the bolt pattern for a 95 camaro and 95 PA are the same. or am i missing something?

so just for fun i went to wilwoods website to look at brake upgrades. for the 95 camaro. ( http://info.wilwood.com/BrakeKitsProd.aspx?itemno=140-6743 ) they had a big brake upgrade kit. (what kinda space am i limited to with stock rims) pretty damn sweet. would like someone with some knowledge about these kinds of things to take a look and let me know if it would work or point me in a different direction. thanx
Back to top Go down
arttu80
arttu80

Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm confused about wheel pattern, because as you mentioned the rotor P/N:s are same for PA and Camaro of 1995 model year, but if you check wheelmarket, for example here--->

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Chevrolet___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

and there ----->

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Buick___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

you'll notice, that Camaro have standard GM RWD bolt pattern of 5X120.7 and PA is standard GM FWD pattern of 5X115, so it's misleading?? ?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:04 pm

a rotor's holes are much larger than the lug bolts so that 1 rotor can fit several different cars with different bolt patterns.
gm parts bin FTW (although all companies do this)

that is another reason it is important to put lug nuts on in a star pattern and tighten evenly. otherwise the rotor can become off center and warp.

Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: park ave suspension   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:18 pm

hi guys im new to the board and i have a park ave. from my understanding the park avenue is a C body and the riviera is a G body, now my question is:
are the suspension components on both cars similar in any way?
will the eibach pro kit for a sts work on my park ave like it does for the rivs?

any help is appreciated cause id love to stiffen the suspension
Back to top Go down
Buickman104
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 pm

The C body and G bodies are completely different.

Their suspensions are also completely different. In the sense of Mods a C body is a stretched out H body. So their suspension components are transferable, but nothing is compatible between the G and C bodies.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Buickman104 wrote:
The C body and G bodies are completely different.

Their suspensions are also completely different. In the sense of Mods a C body is a stretched out H body. So their suspension components are transferable, but nothing is compatible between the G and C bodies.

so the cadillac sts eibach pro kit wont work with my park ave?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: park ave brakes & suspension?   park ave brakes & suspension? Empty

Back to top Go down

park ave brakes & suspension?
Page 1 of 1