Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination

Go down 
+8
L67
#1BearsFan
krazyfish
ibmoses
Mr.Riviera
Rickw
deekster_caddy
Rivlanta
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Eldo wrote:
LARRY70GS wrote:
Anyone know if the headlight switch is illuminated in the same manner? One side of my switch is dark, the other is lit up. Headlights work fine, just the illumination.

Left vs right, or top vs bottom?
I know that the twilight sentinel part of my switch doesn't light up at only 87,000 miles...

Top right I believe. I Think everything was lighted up to this point. Went out the other day.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

Name : Jerred
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Similiar issu that i have just started recognizing in my car. the passenger climate control. is it supposed to light up? at present the only thing that does light up are the red amber and green temp indicator does but none of the letters. Do these normally? and if so anyone know if it is the same way as the trac/trip switch as in one bulb hardwired? looks like i may have another trip to pull apart in my near future. assuming 95s are the same as 98s. any verification of this also?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:07 pm

krazyfish wrote:
looks like i may have another trip to pull apart in my near future. assuming 95s are the same as 98s. any verification of this also?
95's are not the same as 98's if you are talking about the HVAC Control Panel.
I'm not sure what you are referring to or changing. ????
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Sounds like he is talking about the "passenger climate control" on the passenger door? They are the same for all years I’m pretty sure, and yes they do light up. I can't say for sure but I believe they have the same lights in them that the dash switches do, like the one I posted a picture of in a different post?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
krazyfish
Enthusiast

Name : Jerred

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Yes the switch and guage on the passenger door. not the main HVAC unit. I think randall pretty much answered my questions spot on. thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Looks like a #74 with a silicone rubber turquoise-colored filter.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:29 pm

When the climate system is on and the knob is turned, the words 'Cooler' and 'Warmer' should light up at the bottom of the same semi-circular "screen" that the colored temperature blocks light up in.

The words etched into the bezels ('Passenger Comfort' and 'Comfort Control') should come on with the headlights.
Back to top Go down
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
#1BearsFan

Name : Bill

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Great pics Randall! That is the exact same bulb socket setup as my truck had for the steering wheel controls.
This light could easily be converted to LED, as I am sure that most of the switch bulbs could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination   Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip Set/Trac Cntrl Switch Illumination
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2