Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Steering wheel controls

Go down 
+14
BMD
black shadow
missysriviera
Eldo
RhinoFLA
deekster_caddy
robotennis61
albertj
sanger
turtleman
captshiner
T Riley
Rickw
Natesriv
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

Steering wheel controls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:10 am

DeepFrozen wrote:
Ouch. Found topic about the PAC adapter frown

What's the PAC adapter? Unless it's a helluva clever piece of electronics, without the factory radio the steering wheel controls won't work anything...
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 pm

PAC adaptor is a steering wheel control adaptor that allows the SWC to communicate to aftermarket radios. However it has dip switches and the instructions were pretty confusing.

I just installed an AXXESS ASWC-1, which is a lot simpler to install:

https://amzn.to/4aekZqV

I'll make a seperate post about it with my thoughts on it, so it's easy to find with a search.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:20 am

ADDvanced wrote:
I'll make a seperate post about it with my thoughts on it, so it's easy to find with a search.

Looking forward for your post!
I've seen your other topic. So I guess you've installed this ASWC-1 adapter and now everything is back to normal? You can control not only volume but temperature as well?
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:41 pm

Everything except temp works. Trying to figure out how to get the data signal to the HVAC controller.
Back to top Go down
three4rd

Name : Keith
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 1:14 pm

Rickw wrote:
You don't need to remove the buttons them selves as far as I know. Just disconnecting or not hooking up the wires to the radio will suffice.

Bumping this up cause it bears on my recent inquiry regarding changing the radio. If the steering wheel controls were previously causing problems with both the radio and (more importantly) cassette playback, will the same occur if I replace the radio unit with a different one? If yes, then I have to decide how much work I want to get involved in. I don't really use those controls anymore for anything, so if there's no problem with cassette playback (or even CD if I get a double DIN unit that has one), I have no problem with simply leaving those controls alone, or must they be re-wired in some way to connect to a new player regardless of if they're going to be used or not?
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 2:35 pm

You can just leave them disconnected. There is a plug near the top of the pedals, under the dash, I think it's a 4 pin.

albertj likes this post

Back to top Go down
three4rd

Name : Keith
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:38 pm

ADDvanced wrote:
You can just leave them disconnected.  There is a plug near the top of the pedals, under the dash, I think it's a 4 pin.

Works for me! Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 7:26 am

ADDvanced wrote:
PAC adaptor is a steering wheel control adaptor that allows the SWC to communicate to aftermarket radios.  However it has dip switches and the instructions were pretty confusing.

I just installed an AXXESS ASWC-1, which is a lot simpler to install:

https://amzn.to/4aekZqV

Thanks for the explanation!
Also, if it is new information to you, the very creaky beginnings of "data busses" in these cars meant that the radio deciphered the analog resistance inputs from the steering wheel, then the RADIO passed the data to the Climate Control...  It has always pissed me off that in that configuration the Temp button on the wheel can 'wake up' the CC, but no matter which buttons you push you can't wake up the radio from the wheel... and they gave the radio a "momentary push" power-button instead of a click-on/click-off!  scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel controls   Steering wheel controls - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel controls
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3