Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New MAF Scan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey i finally got my MAF sensor to work and not crap out so i went for a short cruise. From what i understand the L36/L67 MAFs should be interchangeable but I just want to make sure? Can anyone tell by my MAF values if it is totally off? It was 25 degrees outside and dont mind my whacky LTFTs since my PCM never got a chance to learn after the 1.9 rocker install (or received a proper tune). Basically I would just like to know if there is anything out of the ordinary here since I am using an L36 MAF with the same AFH50M-04 part #. TIA.

http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=4978
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Next time scan your STFT's also do see how much those change.... your MAF readings look normal..
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
L67
Aficionado

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:21 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
Next time scan your STFT's also do see how much those change.... your MAF readings look normal..

Thank you sir, everyone usually says STFTs are meaningless so i didn't include them....
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:22 pm

L67 wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:

Thank you sir, everyone usually says STFTs are meaningless so i didn't include them....

I like to use them.. i'm gonna send you a MAF worksheet now

Happy tuning sir! Thank Kemp for the worksheet idk if he made it or if its part of the blatteners thing.. But he sent it to me lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
L67
Aficionado

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
L67 wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:

Happy tuning sir! Thank Kemp for the worksheet idk if he made it or if its part of the blatteners thing.. But he sent it to me lol

Maybe one day he'll acknowledge my existence! yay
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:15 pm

looks fine to me, but i'd be curious what the L36 MAF maxes out at. i believe the stock 96's should max at 10500hz. i had to go LQ4 b/c i was getting close to that after the rockers and N*.

also as long as the top numbers on the MAF matches it should be the same thing.

Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
looks fine to me, but i'd be curious what the L36 MAF maxes out at. i believe the stock 96's should max at 10500hz. i had to go LQ4 b/c i was getting close to that after the rockers and N*.

also as long as the top numbers on the MAF matches it should be the same thing.

I was kind of worried seeing some 8000 Hz values at ~40% TPS, I hope it doesn't run out but i dont want to go WOT with the cold temps and the part throttle KR blips i already had today. On a previous scan with the L36 MAF it showed Hz values in the 11,000s but the export was kind of jumbled up so i don't know if i should trust it. I have the ZZP Stage 1 TB with 99+ MAF waiting to go in this summer and i believe it has an 11,500 Hz max. Should be enough for 3.4/1.9s/Headers/72mm TB?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:31 pm

T Riley wrote:

L67 wrote:

98riviera98 wrote:
Next time scan your STFT's also do see how much those change....  your MAF readings look normal..

Happy tuning sir!  Thank Kemp for the worksheet idk if he made it or if its part of the blatteners thing.. But he sent it to me lol

T Riley, is this MAF worksheet hosted anywhere? Do you still have a copy of it? Curious to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New MAF Scan Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MAF Scan   New MAF Scan Empty

Back to top Go down

New MAF Scan
Page 1 of 1