Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Flip down mirror trick

Go down 
+2
NO 4 EVR
Andysdorm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

Flip down mirror trick Empty
PostSubject: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 pm

The first time I had to call triple-A was when I had the dangling exhaust and didn't want to mess with it. I called and they quoted me an hour wait. Time to get to know the Riv a little better.

I always wondered what that plastic piece was that is behind the flip down mirrors. I thought it was just a tight place to put stuff so you can put down the mirror without all your crap and cd flying at your head.

After messing with some ideas, I found the true purpose of the plastic pieces. Unhook the edge of the flip down mirror and swing it towards the window. Holy $h!† there's another plastic piece on the back of the mirror. This slides creating a larger area to block the sun. Ingenious and luxurious yay

Now for the left over plastic piece. The freakin thing flips down so when you have the mirror blocking the side sun this becomes and extra front sun visor. Now comes the childish fun part. Unhook both mirror and swing them towards the windows then extend them. Now put both plastic visor down in the front. You'll feel like your in a tank.....it's awesome. usa

You can't fathom the excitement till you try it for yourself. Go on you know you want to !
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
NO 4 EVR
Addict
NO 4 EVR

Name : Troy
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 10:35 pm

lol. I'll try it sometime.
Back to top Go down
steel2040

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 10:04 am

jesus christ man do we think the same i said that to my boy who gave me the riv about a week ago i said im going to get pulled over i know it looks like a tank armor in there lol. I dont know what that says about us mass people maybe we just have dilusions of ridding in tanks maybe i need to see a shrink lol.
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 5:26 pm

awesome, I was afraid I was going to sound retahded or somethin' lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:03 pm

thats one of the "look at this" things i show someone when they are in my car for the first time happy along with the green effect of the rear view mirror.

Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:46 pm

Quote :
thats one of the "look at this" things i show someone when they are in my car for the first time happy along with the green effect of the rear view mirror.

hahaha man.. I do the same thing.. i go, ey check out my impenetrable sun protection.. those visors are ridiculous lol :/ when I bought my riv, it took me about 2 weeks to figure out what that button on the rear view mirror was for, I was pretty amazed
Back to top Go down
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 12:11 am

heh, if you are pretty tall and like to recline and drive, then that visor is a must. The riv windows are so long that the regular visor needs some help. razz

Nuttin like cruising with the seat low and lazy and still have great sun protection... usa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flip down mirror trick   Flip down mirror trick Empty

Back to top Go down

Flip down mirror trick
Page 1 of 1