Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

V6 Turbo Motor Identification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark Leigh
Special

Name : Mark Leigh
Merit : 0

V6 Turbo Motor Identification Empty
PostSubject: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi to all. I am here on site to learn about how to identify a motor for a friend to sell it. It is a V6 Carb/Turbo setup that he received from the Buick factory in 80 or 81 to use in a off road vehicle. He had a factory sponsorship and this was a gift to him. It has never been in a vehicle. It has sat under the workbench from then till now.
I have pictures to post. Do I have to use glowphoto or ???

Thanks, Mark Leigh
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi,

We are pretty good with the late model 3800s, but I can't remember much about the 3.8s anymore. You will probably find better 3.8 info at http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/

-Derek
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey everybody, anybody - What's the guys name that has his own website for the Buick V6 Turbo's and GN's. His last name is Kirbain or something like that.
He's big into the historical facts on these and documents a lot of stuff on his webpage.
He'll accept emails and answer questions on the turbo V6's.
He also sells a lot of obsolete parts or reproduction parts too. Damn, I can't remember his name. He also does a weekly newsletter.
Can anyone help out here.?

Last edited by Rickw on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Rickw wrote:
Hey everybody, anybody - What's the guys name that has his own website for the Buick V6 Turbo's and GN's. His last name is Kirbain or something like that.
He's big into the historical facts on these and documents a lot of stuff on his webpage.
He'll accept emails and answer questions on the turbo V6's.
Can anyone help out here.?

Do you mean Jack Cotton?

http://www.cottonsperformance.com/
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 pm

No that's not him. I know Aaron knows who I'm talking about because he posted his name and website a while back.
Back to top Go down
Mark Leigh
Special

Name : Mark Leigh
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi to all, Derek. I was recommended to this site from the Turbo guys. Monte Uhrig sent me over here.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Also, can anyone help him with the directions on how to post pictures.
I went to the BoardFaq box at the top of this page and tried copying the link that explains how to do it but it won't let me even copy the link location anymore.
So with that said, You need to go to the box at the top of the page and select BoardFaq and look down several lines you will find the instructions on how to post pic's on here.
It would be nice to see pic's, someone on here may still be able to help you identify what you have and if not can forward the pic's and you to who can help.
Best of luck and wish I had that motor.
Sounds like it would make a fun project.

I edited it to say: BoardFaq... originally I said RivFaq (WRONG).
I'm too tired, time to sign off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V6 Turbo Motor Identification   V6 Turbo Motor Identification Empty

Back to top Go down

V6 Turbo Motor Identification
Page 1 of 1