Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)

Go down 
+10
dtrumbo
kimble01
GMFreak8
Eldo
BMD
Abaddon
albertj
Rickw
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dtrumbo

Name : Douglas
Merit : 0

Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:30 am

I am not getting a code for it. And as i said the gears only try to lock when the transmission is at operating temperature. And at a stopsign the car does want to stall, but it doesnt the gears does let go after dragging the rpms down to about 500.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:44 pm

dtrumbo wrote:
I am not getting a code for it. And as i said the gears only try to lock when the transmission is at operating temperature. And at a stopsign the car does want to stall, but it doesnt the gears does let go after dragging the rpms down to about 500.

beginning to sound like what's needed is catch-up on maintenance and maybe a change to dexron VI fluid?!? To all of you if you have a clue about this one... please chime in.
Back to top Go down
96riv
Fanatic
96riv

Name : Dennis
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm

+1 for VI, really a great fluid. It lasts way longer in my Regal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arizonagn.com
dtrumbo

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Somebidy else has told me that as well. Filter and fkuid change being the problem wouldbbe amazing. I get paid next friday and i will give a updat. Thanks for the great info guys. And the other thing about this car. The guy that had it drove it hard and didnt keep up with maitenance. Evidence of thelat is the BLACK air filter going to the intake. Are there any specific things that this care would need if neglected?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:25 pm

You will probably want to clean the MAF sensor if the air filter was that bad.

And another + for Dex VI.

Be careful during the filter change - the little filter adapter piece into the trans body can be a real b****. And be careful with the OEM gasket, and it can probably be cleaned and reused, it is much better than any of the aftermarket cork/flat rubber gasketes.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:14 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
Be careful during the filter change - the little filter adapter piece into the trans body can be a real b****. And be careful with the OEM gasket, and it can probably be cleaned and reused, it is much better than any of the aftermarket cork/flat rubber gasketes.

Yep. You're probably going to end up using brute force to get it out (punch and hammer to destroy it). Be extremely careful not to mar up the bore it sits in.....
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 am

I've reused my adapter the last two or three filter changes. It appeared to be in very good condition. No problems so far.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 am

AA wrote:
I've reused my adapter the last two or three filter changes. It appeared to be in very good condition. No problems so far.

Yeah, you can do that, I have before. But usually I figure that if it comes in the box.....may as well replace it.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah, I never use that cheap-o gasket that comes in the box, either. My original gasket lasted until the rebuild at 151k. I think they replaced it then, still going strong w/ no leaks... (I think changing fluid once per year helps keep the gasket lubed and free from bonding to the pan).

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
dtrumbo

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:27 pm

When I changed my fluid and filter, the adapter for the filter was a little loose, it went in snug but when I snapped in the filter it seemed to be hanging loosely, so I pulled it out and the adapter came out about an eight of an inch, could this cause problems in my transmission?
Back to top Go down
rivordie
Rookie

Name : Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 4:26 am

Ok so I replaced my PCS solenoid and TCC as well by following this write up. Now my steering wheel just spins and the buttons do not work. Also, the air bag light is on. What the hell happened? In the write up it mentions nothing about the steering needing attention. What could have happened? I am so pissed off right now.

Ok I figure the clock spring is broken. But why would I not have steering?
Back to top Go down
rivordie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Got the steering fixed and ordered a new clickspring. Everything seems to be running smoothly. The shifts are solid and it doesn't have the shudder at launch anymore. I did get slight wheel hop on brand new pavement on a steep incline at a light but that was expected. I did the brakes as well and god that new brake squeal is so annoying.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:56 am

What was wrong with the steering wheel?

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
rivordie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 am

The intermediate shaft separated in the boot. So anyone else with this should be mindful to either remove the steering u joints to be certain that they don't have the same issue i had. This job was awful and the GM PCS is actually cheaper than aftermarket. I am noticing that there is a very subtle vibration when accelerating hard. I am just always worried the issue wasn't resolved whenever i make a repair, especially when it is an aggravating job such as this.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:58 am

rivordie wrote:
The intermediate shaft separated in the boot.

If your Intermediate Shaft came apart, you lowered the cradle WAYYYYY too far than what was needed my friend.....You only have to lower it enough to gain access to a few bolts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)   Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing TCC Solenoid (SC Series II)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2