Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New here 95 riv supercharged

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

Name : shawn
Merit : 7

New here   95 riv supercharged Empty
PostSubject: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 am

Hey guys I am new here. I picked up a 95 riv series 1 . I wanted a gtp but couldnt afford one so this was my answer just got shafted with the series 1 but Ill make it go fast regardless. Its black with dark grey interior. This is my 33rd car so im pretty experienced with modding them. My last car was a stock 94 civic and when it was done it had a built engine and a t3 Super 60 on it pushing 25psi FUN

Ive been looking for info on modding the riv for quite a while and when I found this site i was just amazed.
Thanks Guys for this
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 am

Hey, Welcome to the site!

With your previous experience, I'm hoping to see the first turbo-ed 95 riv, and a series one to really give the series two guys something to think about...

Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:48 am

Welcome to the site. hi

Hopefully we can help ya out, and vica versa.
Back to top Go down
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 am

thanks everybody. Yeah im not going claim that im a riv know it all but mine will be modded for sure. ill keep all yall posted to what has been done like I watch all you guys mod yours. Great place for answers and ideas..

So far I chopped the two mufflers off at the rear. Just getting ready for a complete custom exhaust job. Im fabbing up a 3" downpipe to 2 1/2" dual exhaust all the way back. No Cat but the res will still be there. No mufflers at the rear but possibly thinking twin glass packs
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Karma wrote:
Hey, Welcome to the site!

With your previous experience, I'm hoping to see the first turbo-ed 95 riv, and a series one to really give the series two guys something to think about...

Bah! I already beat my buddies series II. But it was freakin CLOSE!
Back to top Go down
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Hey I was just wondering if that 2.5" made a big difference. And if the msd coil packs help or not
Thanks
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:16 pm

bullseye-shawn wrote:
Hey I was just wondering if that 2.5" made a big difference. And if the msd coil packs help or not
Thanks
msd coils= no
OEMs are more than you will ever need the 3800 ignition system is actually really great. zzp's turbo GP is still on stock coils IIRC, so theres no way you will ever need anything more than OEM. if they are shot, replace with OEM. my $0.02...
Back to top Go down
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:21 pm

money better spent elsewhere then. Thanks . I know alot of people get them for looks or bragging rights. My turbo'd civic had a crane arms ingnition box to msd coil, wires, and rotor. Though the stock ignition has been known to be fine with 600hp civics lol so yeah just for bragging rights
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:30 pm

bullseye-shawn wrote:
money better spent elsewhere then. Thanks . I know alot of people get them for looks or bragging rights. My turbo'd civic had a crane arms ingnition box to msd coil, wires, and rotor. Though the stock ignition has been known to be fine with 600hp civics lol so yeah just for bragging rights
not only are the OEMs fine but they last longer, too many times ive heard of people switching to MSD because they thought they would be better. yeah they were fine for the time being but they tend to shit out a lot faster than OEMs. save youre money for something that will actually make youre car faster happy
Back to top Go down
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Back on subject, has anyone played with the idea of turbo'ing the s1. Have you tried anything to do it and just gave up, lost interest, no more money to keep going. I would like to hear if anyones tried
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here 95 riv supercharged   New here   95 riv supercharged Empty

Back to top Go down

New here 95 riv supercharged
Page 1 of 1