Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Lighting problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fastbuick95
Enthusiast
Fastbuick95

Name : Chris Harvey
Merit : 1

Lighting problem Empty
PostSubject: Lighting problem   Lighting problem EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey, I went to replace the bulb in the fuel gauge and almost everything that has to do with lighting just stopped working. I'm not getting any headlights, running lights, none of my gauges work or anything. Ive checked the fuses in all the places for anything that has to do with lights and they are all good. I'm thinking maybe a fusible link or a relay somewhere. Anybody else have any ideas? Wiring is the one thing that I pretty much know nothing about. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

Lighting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lighting problem   Lighting problem EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Fastbuick95 wrote:
Hey, I went to replace the bulb in the fuel gauge and almost everything that has to do with lighting just stopped working. I'm not getting any headlights, running lights, none of my gauges work or anything. Ive checked the fuses in all the places for anything that has to do with lights and they are all good. I'm thinking maybe a fusible link or a relay somewhere. Anybody else have any ideas? Wiring is the one thing that I pretty much know nothing about. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You probably loosened one of the large insturment panel connectors - I suggest you consider going back under the dash and checking them all. Watch out for one or more that may have a broken or warped clip (so they don't stay together as they should).

Albertj
Back to top Go down

Lighting problem
Page 1 of 1