Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

corsa exhaust

Go down 
+5
VJD2
turtleman
Rickw
robotennis61
Jason
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:46 am

You're right. It sounds louder than hell from the back end - not that crazy inside which I'd say is good
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:50 pm

turtleman wrote:
You're right. It sounds louder than hell from the back end - not that crazy inside which I'd say is good

No, it's quiet on the inside, and has no drone, which is a must. It definitely sounds much nicer than my former 3" setup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:46 pm

I'd say it's a serious win then. a performance exhaust system that's quiet on the inside!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:14 pm

That's louder than my 3"single cherry bomb rez into a thrush turbo!
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm

That sounds so nice! That is an awesome speedometer too! I didn't know that they were sold with k/h in Canada!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 am

Mel got pulled over for "improper muffler" by an unmarked car. I didn't think it was that loud, but afterwards I noticed the shop that put it on had welded a hanger to the skin, which ripped off a dime sized section of the skin, creating a very loud exhaust. Anyhow, I found the exhaust to be a bit too unrefined from the outside.
When I brought it to the shop for them to patch the hole and the hangers, I asked them to weld in the old 3" magnaflow 14" case muffler / resonator. They asked if it was too loud inside the car our directly in the back. When I said it was directly in the back, they said another muffler wasn't guaranteed to fix the problem. They instead offered to install inserts in the exhaust tips. It's sort of a stainless steel mesh cylinder with fireproof fiberglass packed into it. They usually install them in the Ferrari exhausts they custom build. I was skeptical at first because they have a 1 7/8 ID, but they guaranteed it would fix the problem. I have to admit it really solved the problem!

I thought it would create a restriction but the total area of 4x 1 7/8 is greater than the 2.5" pipe, so no worries there.

corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 15853159_large
corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 15853158_large

Last edited by Jason on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm

That's nice something simple worked so you didn't have to mash up the exhaust system. I would be kinda pissed about the welding from the first time. "Improper muffler" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: corsa exhaust   corsa - corsa exhaust - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

corsa exhaust
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2