Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New build Approach

Go down 
+3
Rickw
turtleman
Fastbuick95
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

New build Approach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:23 pm

That's definitely a gen3. It has the extra bolt at the top center for the snout. Gen5 doesn't. That adaptor at the throttle body does look like the thrasher nitrous plate (also only for gen3).
Back to top Go down
Fastbuick95
Enthusiast
Fastbuick95

Name : Chris Harvey
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Ok, the specs for the cam that are in it are Gross valve lift INT .520 EXH .536 Duration is INT 212 EXH 224. and the lobe sep is 116
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:48 pm

turtleman wrote:
That's definitely a gen3. It has the extra bolt at the top center for the snout. Gen5 doesn't. That adaptor at the throttle body does look like the thrasher nitrous plate (also only for gen3).

Ah...good point. ..it makes good power for the gen3.

Enthusiast
Fastbuick95

PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 pm

I cant find a way to convert any of my videos...they are in CTD format and wont upload to youtube. So no sound videos yet
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Name : Chris L
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Nice and clean up under your hood! Looks very good. I'm currently purchasing a full core intercooler w/ phenolic housing. It's going on along with a gen v sc and a N* tb. I plan on using a 3.2 pulley to start out with and hoping to get tuning help from abaddon. Hopefully this will be just what I'm looking for to spruce the old girl up for spring. I will be posting pics during,almost have all the parts to get going.
Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
Fastbuick95
Enthusiast
Fastbuick95

PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Good luck! I hope everything works out well =) and thank you, Im gonna be doing some detailing over the winter and into the spring like hopefully getting some chrome valve covers and maybe a couple other small things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New build Approach   New build Approach - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New build Approach
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2