Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LaFlare

Name : G
Merit : 2

GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? Empty
PostSubject: GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?   GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:15 pm

hey i'm not so sure if this is an issue, this is something that i just so happen to randomly notice. i'm not sure if its always been like this but today i noticed that the gas pedal seems a little wobbly? not side to side, but more of like back but NOT forth; lets say i put my foot under the gas pedal, with my toes i can pull the pedal back quite a bit (towards me).

as i compared the position of the brake pedal and gas pedal, the gas pedal is quite farther back. while driving it felt and seemed normal as usual, but its just something that i happen to pick up on and wonder about? is this normal or is it loose? if it does need adjustment what tools would i need?
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?   GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 am

Both of those conditions are normal... The top of the gas pedal arm pulls back on the throttle cable when you press on the pedal, but when it is pulled back the hole in the arm slides the other way on the cable.

Also, the brake is much higher than the gas - so much so that I lowered my brake pedal...
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?   GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 am

Also makes 'unintended acceleration' less likely because the plane of the brake pedal (as well as elevation) is higher. It's actually kind of tough to confuse them.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?   GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:42 am

albertj wrote:
Also makes 'unintended acceleration' less likely because the plane of the brake pedal (as well as elevation) is higher. It's actually kind of tough to confuse them.

Albertj

That is precisely why they made the brake uncomfortably high: because of the Audi 5000 being blamed for
stupid drivers... In my pre-Audi-vintage GM cars, the pedals were roughly the same height and well-spaced side to side.

Unfortunately, it's dangerous in a different way now - I'm guessing the guys who designed the pedal
assembly did so with the bench seat in mind. But if you're tall with wide feet, the console, brake height
and brake location make a trap for your foot in a panic stop... If they were gonna raise the pedal, they should
also have made the arm longer and bent it farther left.
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

Name : G
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?   GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 pm

okay cool, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?   GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION? Empty

Back to top Go down

GAS PEDAL LOOSE? INCORRECT POSITION?
Page 1 of 1