Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.

Go down 
+7
robotennis61
krazyfish
albertj
BMD
DEMonte1997
Jack the R
nebstewart07
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

Name : Ben Stewart
Merit : 6

Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Empty
PostSubject: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 20:47

I have a 1997 beige n/a riviera with tan interior. I am changing to car to be maroon exterior on maroon interior. Here are some pictures before the interior is out. Some of the front of the car has already been changed to maroon.

Picture of interior:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1910

Door:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1911

Truck already torn apart to replace fuel pump:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1912

More interior:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1913

Rear seat:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Rear_s12

Exterior drivers side:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1914[/

Exterior passenger side:
[url=https://servimg.com/view/15975710/9]Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1915

More pictures to come

Last edited by nebstewart07 on Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 6:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 21:33

Looks more like the silvermist ext/med grey interior combo I have.

I like the maroon paint. I've seen a couple people on here trying to get rid of their maroon interiors, but I can't say I wouldn't rock it.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 22:54

Jack the R wrote:

I like the maroon paint. I've seen a couple people on here trying to get rid of their maroon interiors, but I can't say I wouldn't rock it.

Well im gonna rock it and it will look sweet. Yesterday i read your 13 page post about the mice did you ever stop them completely
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 23:02

More pictures of the parts out of the maroon car:

Seats:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1916

Dash Pieces:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1917

Panel from backseat and center console:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1918

Other misc parts:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1919

I still have to take off doors with panels from maroon car and carpet and seat track of drivers side(having some problems see other post).

Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 23:03

I have been working all day to tear apart beige car will have update pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 23:06

Awesome!

I might convert mine to the dark charcoal color eventually.

Keep us posted smile
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 23:57

Alright got everything removed besides carpet and back seatbelts and headliner stuff. Going to take some pictures now. Will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 23:59

DeMonte- By the way love your car. you got any more pictures of it?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 0:12

nebstewart07 wrote:
Jack the R wrote:

Well im gonna rock it and it will look sweet. Yesterday i read your 13 page post about the mice did you ever stop them completely

Definite maybe on that one - haven't spotted any new mouse sign.

If you ever do the front struts, by all means cover those mouse doors with hardware cloth while you have easy access. You've probably already gotten the rear mouse door in the trunk.

Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 0:32

Good work Ben, did ya crack anything takin' it apart? Whats the trick to taking out the panel by the backseat. Could you maybe take a pic of the back of that panel to see where the pressure points are?
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 0:51

BMD wrote:
Good work Ben, did ya crack anything takin' it apart? Whats the trick to taking out the panel by the backseat. Could you maybe take a pic of the back of that panel to see where the pressure points are?

I didnt crack anything that I know of. The back panel seemed pretty easy. The first one i took off was easy and the second one seemed harder for some reason. Fo that back panel:

1. Remove Rear seat
2. Unscrew plastic piece near belt
3. Slip belt through slit in panel.
4. Take off dorr sill panel(to do this you take a small flat head screwdriver and remove the little panel in the door sill panel by poppiong it off one by one. The you unscrew the 4 screws then pop the door sill panel off)
5 The panel next to the rear seat should just pop off slowly.

I will post some pics of the back of that panel.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 1:03

Here are some pics of what I have done:

Interior with seats taken out:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1920

Rear Seat Area:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1921

More interior where panel was:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1922

Heater Dad bought for garage since it was freezing lol:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1923

Rear Bumper Taken off to put maroon one one:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1924

Front Seats:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1925

Change that I found so far found $4.68, 3 beer bottle caps, a button and 2 duetschland coins:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1926

Other side where panel is:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1927

Shifter area:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1928

Getting ready to pull out carpet will post more pictures.

Last edited by nebstewart07 on Tue 14 Dec 2010 - 1:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 1:21

Please comment on how you got the seat to move - what turned out to be teh issue?

also - while you have the carpet and trunk out you **might** want to get some eDead (via eBay) or Dynamat (various sources) to deaden the resonant body panels on the floor and in the trunk. Use the handle of a screwdriver to tap the panels; put a layer of Dynamat or eDead on the parts that sound drummy. This will not "silence" the car but it will get rid of stupid annoying resonances.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 1:25

Albert the seats moved in my car not the maroon car! i was thinking of buying some damplifier pro with luxury liner pro
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 1:40

nebstewart07 wrote:
Albert the seats moved in my car not the maroon car! i was thinking of buying some damplifier pro with luxury liner pro

Sorry, I am so confused.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 1:45

Yah its alright I am prollly confusing lol. I need to get the seat tracks out of the maroon car to get the carpets.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 2:01

More pics without carpet:

Interior without anything:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1929

I found this paper underneath the carpet it is printed 48 on one side on the other side it says 50 in pen anyone know what this is?
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1930

Found this under the carpet it is rubber no clue what it is maybe the factory left it in their on accident:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1931

Shifter area:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1932

Carpet:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1933

Center Console:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1934

If you look a litle above the light their is a white tag on the black shifter piece that says 450 it also says 11 25 96 I am guessing this is when the car or that black piece was assembled but no clue what the 450 means:
Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Img_1935

More pics to come still need to remove headliner, rear seatbelts, and dash pieces. Planning on putting a double din stereo, run wires for subs, and install speakers. I will keep everyone updated. Marroon interior wont go in for a little while since I have been having problems with seat in marron car.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 2:39

nebstewart07 wrote:
DeMonte- By the way love your car. you got any more pictures of it?

Thanks! Give this link a shot: https://rivperformance.editboard.com/showroom-f3/best-pics-of-my-car-yet-t6405-90.htm

I think pg 7 has most of them.

Thanks also for taking pics as you swap interiors. This will really help everyone who might do this in the future. clap happy
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

Name : Jerred
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 3:53

Just a heads up I did thIs a few months ago ( went from gray to black) if anything gives you trouble feel free to pm me.
Things that gave me trouble:
1. Seats I as well went from having heated seats with memory to non heated ones with no memory from a 95. My original thoughts were to try and keep this functionality but said screw it after a few days of head scratching.
2. I messed up putting the seat back in the rear on before the side panels in the rear. Easy to do and will cause alot of extra work.
Really didn't have alot of troubles, it Took me 5 days from getting all the parts to getting the interior swapped ( not rushing just working when I felt like it) I wish I would've taken as many pictures as you did. God luck and it is looking good so far.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 4:07

nebstewart07 wrote:
Yah its alright I am prollly confusing lol. I need to get the seat tracks out of the maroon car to get the carpets.

say i was wondering,how much do you think the seats weigh??
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 4:09

krazyfish wrote:
Just a heads up I did thIs a few months ago ( went from gray to black) if anything gives you trouble feel free to pm me.
Things that gave me trouble:
1. Seats I as well went from having heated seats with memory to non heated ones with no memory from a 95. My original thoughts were to try and keep this functionality but said screw it after a few days of head scratching.
2. I messed up putting the seat back in the rear on before the side panels in the rear. Easy to do and will cause alot of extra work.
Really didn't have alot of troubles, it Took me 5 days from getting all the parts to getting the interior swapped ( not rushing just working when I felt like it) I wish I would've taken as many pictures as you did. God luck and it is looking good so far.

Nothing has given me too much trouble, but then again I have my dad to help me if needed since he owns 6 rivieras lol.

Respons to 1. I am doing the exact opposite of what you did, besides the memory part. My current seats had no heat. I am now putting in one with heated seats. Neither one has memory. Yah I was wanting to try to make the heated seat work but I am thinking that it wont work without alot of work. So most likely it will just appear that it has heated seats lol.
The car that is mine is very low optioned for instance, no heated seat, not supercharged, no electronic mirror(i wonder if i can get that to work? prolly not), no traction control button to push, like I said very low optioned. The parts car has everything that was offered in 95. If that car wouldnt have been damaged so much I would have just put a motor in it to save me the hassle but it wrecked and it threw a rod to the block. So now it is a parts car lol. Not much parts left on it. After 4 rivieras being driven in the family their wont be anything left pretty soon. lol. I will definately pm you if i have any more problems not its just mainly putting it back in after doing a few custom things to it.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 4:10

robotennis61 wrote:
nebstewart07 wrote:

you mean the seat itself or the seat including the tracks and motors? I have both lol
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 4:12

If i end up not using the heated seat part. I might just cut the damn tracks out so I can get the carpet out of the parts car lol. It is making me mad that it is holding me up lol
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 4:14

nebstewart07 wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:
nebstewart07 wrote:

you mean the seat itself or the seat including the tracks and motors? I have both lol

the seat itself plus the motors and tracks/.....
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010 - 4:18

robotennis61 wrote:
nebstewart07 wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:
nebstewart07 wrote:

the seat itself plus the motors and tracks/.....

I guess I will have to pick one up again and try to guess i may try to weight it and. If i can get it weighed I will weigh one with tracks and motors and one without tracks and motors the only thing that you wont know by doing that is what the heated stuff weighs because I dont have that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.   Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening. Empty

Back to top Go down

Project 1 Interior Removal/Change, Car Audio, and Sound Dampening.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next