Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Odd issue with courtesy lights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Odd issue with courtesy lights Empty
PostSubject: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm not sure if I changed a setting by accident or a switch just isn't working anymore. If it's already been answered, I apologize.

For as long as I've owned my Riv, the courtesy lights (interior) would come on whenever I turn the car off-automatically. Now they don't do it anymore. Only when I open the door. It's not a huge thing but I was just curious if this happened to anyone before and they have a solution.

Thanks fellas.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 am

Mine have a crazy delay in them sometimes, but I've never had them not come on.....until I unplugged my window switch recently. Without my driver side window switch, my interior lights don't come on anymore when I shut the car off, nor can I turn them on with the HL switch scratch

I've been looking at the schematic......all the interior lamps are wired in to the BCM and the RFA. 5 fuses power the whole mess, and the entire circuit only has 3 wires respectively. All of your lights come on when you open the door because the switch is working, and that means that the power/grounds are all good. The BCM grounds all the interior lights when you shut the car off via a WHITE wire (Pin F on the BCM, ckt 156).

For shiggles, check the WSW fuse (25A) in the IP fuse panel.....
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 pm

if you have time to take off the dash faceplate, do that and disconnect the headlight switch. Pull the switch and test the courtesy lamp terminals - first look to see if they are fatigued loose (probably not) and then check electrical switch, that it closes when you undim the dash lights and clock to courtesy lights on.

I am suspecting a bad HL switch might cause this, unless there is a problem in the drivers-side (window/lock) switch cluster.

Albertj

Last edited by albertj on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks for this info 2,now i can finally fix mine . I know mine is in the window switch.......... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for the info.

I also played with the sliding switch under the headlight knob and noticed the headlights didn't stay on after turning car off. Is the Riv that cool that you can control that with a simple switch on the dash? happy
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:03 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Thanks for the info.

I also played with the sliding switch under the headlight knob and noticed the headlights didn't stay on after turning car off. Is the Riv that cool that you can control that with a simple switch on the dash? happy

yes that slider controls headlight-off delay, although the markings confuse some... when you are in park and idling you can push that switch agains the left stop to turn the lights off. They will come back on when you put the car in gear.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd issue with courtesy lights   Odd issue with courtesy lights Empty

Back to top Go down

Odd issue with courtesy lights
Page 1 of 1