Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

strange bogging around 45 mph

Go down 
+5
BMD
albertj
RidzRiv
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
themanwithsauce
Enthusiast
themanwithsauce

Name : Chris
Merit : 8

strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 pm

My riv has 258k and I notice what you're talking about but mine doesn't seem to put a strain on any parts. It just feels a bit...lazy. It is really annoying to be cruising at 45mph an it feels like a faint pulse in the drivetrain is just sorta causing a bit of hesitation but it goes away the moment I step on the throttle and/or disengage cruise control.

Do you notice this problem at highway speeds? I know that mine is much smoother at 65+ than cruising at 45. Do realize there's a difference of about 500 revs so at first I attributed this sensation to the revs being a bit low for my engine's current state of tune (current state - old and tired razz) but this seems like a logical explanation. So in that case, the problem is more than likely in your transaxle/torque converter. Random questions but when was the last time you had the wheel bearings and brakes looked at? If your problem is this bad I think it might be multiple smaller problems stacking together.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Sounds like the modulator is not working, or out of adjustment. Double check the vacuum line to the modulator.
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:30 am

I replaced all of the vacuum lines and i also replaced the modulator when i couldn't stand this issue anymore. But it didn't go away. Maybe i still haven't adjusted my modulator correctly.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes, it may need adjustment. What are the shift MPH from 1-2 and 2-3 under light-medium steady throttle? That's a good comparison point you can give to other modulated shifters to work on the adjustment. IIRC there is a little allen head screw inside the modulator when you remove the vacuum line that adjusts it's pressure.

Try for holding the throttle steady about 35%.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Very interesting, so the modulator is serviceable?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:30 pm

BMD wrote:
Very interesting, so the modulator is serviceable?

Not the stocker. only on aftermarket modulators. I seriously think that the 95s are just plane cantankerous. I have serviced every component peripheral to the engine,and nothing.she still runs sloppy at idle. either the engine is just ,TIRED,or something else. I'm tired of fuckin with her.she just like to run like that.
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:02 pm

I have adjusted mine a couple of times, but i just can't seem to get it perfect. I'll try testing different positions at 35 percent throttle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: strange bogging around 45 mph   strange bogging around 45 mph - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

strange bogging around 45 mph
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2