Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? Empty
PostSubject: Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?   Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Unlike other cars I have owned with cornering lamps, the lamps on my '96 only work when the headlights are on.
Today on my way into work, I am sitting across an intersection from another '95-'98 Riviera that was making a turn.
I noticed it's cornering lamp was on despite the headlights being off.

Not a big deal, just curious if it is a year to year difference?
Like I said, every other car I have owned that had them, (including my '70) the lights always illuminate when the turn signal is on.

scratch
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?   Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Don't know for sure, but my guess is that the headlight should be on with the cornering lamp.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?   Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:51 pm

mine only work when the headlights are on, but i have a 96 like you....so not much help.

Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?   Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Same on my 95, only with the headlights on. I've never tried it with just the marker lights on to see if they come on.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?   Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 pm

My '97 is the same way, and traditionally that is the way they've been wired.  
Our '71 Lincoln and '77 through '84 Cadillacs also only turned them on with the headlights (not really any point to use 'em in the daylight...)  

Perhaps your '70 had them added by the Dealer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?   Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cornering lamps. Do yours work without headlights on?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Exterior-
Jump to: