Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riviboi95
Special

Name : Chris
Merit : -1

Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops   Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:31 am

i got a question? i recently bought my riviera...about a year ago for 500$ (needed a motor). i replaced the motor and it drove fine at first maybe a couple weeks or so and then it started driving weak. the acceleration is slow and the rpms drop when accelerating. when i get to about 50mph the rpms go from about 2000 to 1500. and also i think the manifold is wrong on it the OEM o2 sensor doesnt fit into the grooves it seems to big. and th o2 sensor isnt plugged up neither to the harness. somebody please help me out!!!!
Back to top Go down
Riviboi95
Special

Name : Chris
Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops   Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:33 am

oh and when i try to accelerate...the car shakes and its definitely nothing with the steering it feels like it comes from the engine itself...is it the motor mounts? transmission fluid is good and it leaks nothing but a lil oil very lil
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops   Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Riviboi95 wrote:
oh and when i try to accelerate...the car shakes and its definitely nothing with the steering it feels like it comes from the engine itself...is it the motor mounts? transmission fluid is good and it leaks nothing but a lil oil very lil

Wrong thread to post this in dude Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops Nono
Maybe AA can be nice enough to move it for 'ya Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops Icon_win

Anyway, you mentioned the O2 isn't plugged in, and/or doesn't fit into the manifold? You need to fix that problem ASAP man. Without the O2, the car will run like bawlz. Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops Smoke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops   Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops Empty

Back to top Go down

Acceleration Slow, RPM Drops
Page 1 of 1