Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Loose Mount Bolt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3.8 Riviera
Amateur
3.8 Riviera

Name : Tyre
Merit : 1

Loose Mount Bolt  Empty
PostSubject: Loose Mount Bolt    Loose Mount Bolt  EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Alright guys,

I have bit of an issue. My Riv started making a loud obnoxious rattling sound under the hood. I checked under the hood to find out that a engine mount bolt is loose. It's the bolt right next to the power steering pump pulley. I saw the nut just rotating around, so i turned the engine off and tried to see if it could be tightened a little just with my hands. It seems that the bolt could be stripped? Or just needs to be tightened? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Loose Mount Bolt  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose Mount Bolt    Loose Mount Bolt  EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:21 am

That nut is a "Crush Nut" so it will need a wrench/leverage on the bolt as well as the nut. You should not be able to turn it by hand.

That said, it really shouldn't make much difference and should not make any noise. Are you sure that is the rattle? More likely it is an idler pulley, very close to the same area.
Back to top Go down

Loose Mount Bolt
Page 1 of 1