Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting

Go down 
+42
bigdave
al_roethlisberger
pbrktrt
rivy96
96riv
rivparadise
LARRY70GS
dtrumbo
Bawb2u
flyineagle96
BMD
manofmany
robotennis61
Abaddon
rivman96
jeffyd123
themba
elh21566
Rick's Riv
98inSFl
Eldo
Z-type
playa
jonly
turtleman
Rickw
AA
lionfish
T Riley
albertj
cjoform
Mr.Riviera
Snowdog
99Rivman
1995 Riv
97rivsc
Riviera96
deekster_caddy
Sag
envus87
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:15 pm

well,now you sound like a big cry baby." mommy he cursed at me whaa!!"

and now you sound like a vindictive consumer " Want a forum to atrophy? ...then stifle communication. I wouldn't suggest that." theres plent of comunication here.how many responded to your questions? please,save your internet threats for your Miata friends.
if you were in my garage hanging with the locals and you popped questions like yours,you would definitely be told to figure it out. if you had serious engine problems or electrical issues everyone would jump rite in and help you get it fixed.
people like you find online forums to pamper your little ego.i bet you cut coupons and complain to the post office if the postman doesnt say hi to you.
like i sed,im not tryin to be an ass, but you my friend assuredly showed everyone that you are.
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 pm

I think the last few posts should be moved. The new topic could be "Bickering C#nts" Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 pm

bigdave wrote:
I think the last few posts should be moved. The new topic could be "Bickering C#nts" Just a suggestion.

it has nothing to do with bickering cunts asshole. it has everything to do with figuring things out for yourself.at least the really obvious stuff.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:10 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
well,now you sound like a big cry baby." mommy he cursed at me whaa!!"

and now you sound like a vindictive consumer " Want a forum to atrophy? ...then stifle communication. I wouldn't suggest that." theres plent of comunication here.how many responded to your questions? please,save your internet threats for your Miata friends.
if you were in my garage hanging with the locals and you popped questions like yours,you would definitely be told to figure it out. if you had serious engine problems or electrical issues everyone would jump rite in and help you get it fixed.
people like you find online forums to pamper your little ego.i bet you cut coupons and complain to the post office if the postman doesnt say hi to you.
like i sed,im not tryin to be an ass, but you my friend assuredly showed everyone that you are.

I don't understand your reference to "making threats", but rolleyes

Thank you for the help and advice. You can stay in here and play if you like, but I won't be responding any longer. ...moving on to other topics.

Don't worry Dave, I won't be feeding this troll and adding to the distraction anymore. I should have ignored him on the first post. My mistake. Thanks for your friendly welcome.

Cheers,
Al
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Al, feel free to post as many questions as you need, though it's always good to search first. Glad to have you. Don't let guys like robotennis impede your sense of curiosity or lesson your experience here. The rest of us are here to help you out, and I'm sure all of us can learn a few things from your future posts (even robo!).

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:17 pm

yeah well I guess yer right.i shouldnt let my temper get the best of me. I suppose the 95s are a small bunch to begin with so I should at least give the Miata guy a little latitude.
btw A.R,I aint a troll.I just cant abide ignorance.no offense.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm

al_roethlisberger wrote:
Is this the typical welcome a new member receives, including profanity? neutral

Only if you managed to tick off the Robo-tennis player. I'm still not sure exactly what sets him off, not all n00bs get equal treatment.

There are always some n00b questions that seem to come up when somebody joins a forum. No harm done. Here usually the moderators merge the n00b thread with the existing thread, somebody points out the FAQs, and eventually you aren't a n00b anymore.

There is a "bickering ****s" thread, or close enough to it - I think AA made a hidden forum area called "The Dump" which you need to ask for access to. That's where the juicy ones usually end up...

Al, ask away. Search. The built-in site search can be iffy at times, so if you are having trouble finding something go to google and type "The details I'm looking for site:rivperformance.editboard.com" and you will get much better results.

Code:
heater duct site:rivperformance.editboard.com

like that...
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

nervous
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Did some additional research on some other boards for makes/models that also use similar fuel pumps and the general consensus was that ACDelco and Delphi should be equivalent since Delphi makes many parts for GM.

The nod actually went to Delphi in some feedback, and the Delphi is noted on Rockauto as having a strainer included and built-in and has a larger reservoir. So I ordered the Delphi.

We did verify that the current pump is non-functional, and it is getting power.

Like most newer pumps, I'll have to wire in a new style connector, but that's the norm now.

It should be here by Thurs/Fri, so it will be exciting to see if we can get it fired up this weekend.

Al
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Seems like you've found the issue. Also be sure and replace the fuel filter. I would replace it after you install the pump and run the car. That way any debris in the tank or lines will be caught by the old filter - won't dirty the new one.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Good tip....

After sitting for so long, I'm pretty much expecting all fluids and related filters are going to need a much shortened service window for the first few changes.

Al
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Installed the new Delphi pump, and miraculously the engine started right up and ran smooth as silk.

I really didn't expect that to tell the truth cool

Al
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Great news Al!
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

Name : Bryson
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Temp   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:17 am

I need help i just got my riviera and i love it but check engine light came on so i went to go get it checked.
the guy told me it needed a new o2 sensor upstream. i fixed that the next day and check engine light came back on. The car idles ruff and when im giving it gas, and rpms are below 2grand, it runs ruff, check engine light still says it runs lean, seems like it idles high to, around 1800rpm, please help!
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Help! running lean   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:41 am

I just bought a 96 riviera and it idles rough. it throws a check engine light for running to lean bank 1. i have replaced the o2 sensor upstream and still nothing, it idles high sometimes. please help!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 am

Sounds like you might have a vacuum/air leak somewhere in the intake. I would check all the vacuum lines for leaks, and make sure the LIM gaskets aren't leaking all over the place. It's a VERY common problem with our engines.
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 am

thanks! That sounds about right because with the engine on, if i put my head near the intake box i hear air flow, how to i solve this? or even find the leaks?
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:08 am

Also whats LIM? sorry im new to these cars still learning
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 am

LIM is the lower intake manifold gasket. First check to make sure your air cleaner is closed properly around the air filter. Also make sure air intake tubes are secure and clamps are tight. Then visually inspect all your vacuum lines to make sure they are connected to their ports and free from cracks. Also, listen for the leak to help narrow down where its coming from if you can hear it. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 am

AWESOME! thanks!
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Just to help any further troubleshooting, is your car Supercharged?
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:21 pm

It is, the guy has kept everything stock on it, runs nice just the leak I need to find today
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm

For a vac leak, you can always do the trick of carefully spraying starting fluid or something around all over intake gasket areas and hoses and everything to see if you get a nice jump in idle then, you found the leak. There are possible vac leaks that it won't identify but that's a good start.
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds good i will do that!
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 pm

so im getting starter fluid tomorrow but i hear a sizzle right next to the mass air flow sensor i just cant find it, it might be the gasket holding the mass air flow sensor metal thingm and the engine i, think that might be it but ill find out tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting   fuel pump - FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Fuel Pump - General Questions, Compatibility & Troubleshooting
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next