Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
akasirro
Special

Merit : 0

95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? Empty
PostSubject: 95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?   95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey guys,

I am replacing the radiator in a 95 and just noticed that the new radiator does not have a connection for a coolant sensor... I am wondering if there is any potential damage by installing the new radiator (w/o sensor). A bit bummed that this new radiator claimed to be an exact fit to OEM. It sizes up well (eye-balling), but the passenger side plastic end does not have the coolant sensor. I cant afford to let the call sit while waiting on a replacement, and the old radiator has a hairline crack that is about 3 inches long. Any insight would help. Thanks fellas
Back to top Go down
akasirro
Special

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: 95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?   95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:37 pm

looks like this is the Low Coolant Indicator (LCI), sounds like it is only an indicator and has no effect on the PMC. Can anyone confirm?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: 95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?   95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:56 pm

You cant run the car without the sensor,it will gush. the rads dont come with sensors. you have to transplant all parts from the bum rad.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?   95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:50 pm

akasirro wrote:
Hey guys,

I am replacing the radiator in a 95 and just noticed that the new radiator does not have a connection for a coolant sensor... I am wondering if there is any potential damage by installing the new radiator (w/o sensor). A bit bummed that this new radiator claimed to be an exact fit to OEM. It sizes up well (eye-balling), but the passenger side plastic end does not have the coolant sensor. I cant afford to let the call sit while waiting on a replacement, and the old radiator has a hairline crack that is about 3 inches long. Any insight would help. Thanks fellas

An older model without the sensor might have had a rad that would fit the mounting area identically but just not have the sensor mount point. Yeah the radiator "fits" but it's not really the right one and I would not leave the sensor hanging uninstalled.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: 95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?   95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 pm

You need to swap the sensor over from your old radiator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?   95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"? Empty

Back to top Go down

95 Radiator replacement missing "Coolant Sensor"?
Page 1 of 1