Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs Empty
PostSubject: Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs   Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

Does anyone know the different configurations for entry with the key fob? For example, how to make the perimeter lighting turn on when the car is unlocked remotely. I know you have to hold something down on the key fob and on the lock controls or something.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and what the different configurations are?

Right now my car just unlocks and locks and none of the lighting turns on and there's no audio feedback from the horn. I want to change this so I have perimeter lighting on unlock and a horn beep when locked.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs   Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 am

This is in the owner's manual, which you can see on the web if you don't have it:

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/buick/1999-Buick-Riviera.pdf

Click the link then go to Section 2. You might want to download the manual for reference if you don't have it. My info is you can still buy a copy of you want, ask a dealer... or see page 355 in the PDF. It is probably cheaper to buy it than to print it.

Happy reading

Albertj
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs   Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am

Awesome. Just booked marked that site. Thanks, AJ

My riv has this weird problem where if I lock it, the alarm will sound randomly sometime after. It's pretty annoying and it takes the functionality of locking it away.

Anyone else ever have a problem like this?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs   Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
Awesome. Just booked marked that site. Thanks, AJ

My riv has this weird problem where if I lock it, the alarm will sound randomly sometime after. It's pretty annoying and it takes the functionality of locking it away.

Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

no - but it sounds like a bad switch in one of the door latches - do the interior lights come on when that happens?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs   Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs Empty

Back to top Go down

Key Fob - Entry, Exit, and Alarm Configs
Page 1 of 1