Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

compare 2 way remote starters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
digimi

Name : dave johnson
Merit : 0

compare 2 way remote starters Empty
PostSubject: compare 2 way remote starters   compare 2 way remote starters EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 pm

who makes a good 2 way remote start for less than say $200? It seems that there are a mess to choose from. What about the "bulldog"?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: compare 2 way remote starters   compare 2 way remote starters EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Hopefully someone who's installed one will recommend one; I would not bother. If you search on this site you'll find lots about removing them to fix problems but not much if anything about installation.
Back to top Go down
digimi

Name : dave johnson
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: compare 2 way remote starters   compare 2 way remote starters EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for the tip I'm kind of wondering why the big price difference. Maybe it's a brand name thing
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: compare 2 way remote starters   compare 2 way remote starters EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I just ordered a Code Alarm system for my Jeep as a Christmas gift for my wife. I've been looking at a lot of different systems and done a lot of research. From what I've found Bulldog is a good system for do-it-yourselfers. Viper, Python, Hornet, and Cobra are all owned by DEI and are the best you can buy and should only be installed by a professional and for the most part can only be sold with an installation. I chose the Code Alarm system because it's a compromise of the two and I really like the looks of them. I bought one for just under $90 on eBay.

I've also been researching the installation and as long as you take your time and understand what you're doing beforehand it's not a problem. I guess we'll see when I try it.
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: compare 2 way remote starters   compare 2 way remote starters EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am

I installed a Autopage RS1000 a couple years back that I bought off ebay. Pretty simple to install if you are capable of locating wires under dash and etc. The range is by far the best on the market. Astrostart is #1 IMO but you can't buy them they are dealer installed only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: compare 2 way remote starters   compare 2 way remote starters Empty

Back to top Go down

compare 2 way remote starters
Page 1 of 1