Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Seat swaps - bracket compatability

Go down 
+13
wankelrotary
llamalor2112
bigdave
stan
69GSColorado
charlieRobinson
Z-type
rivparadise
flyineagle96
nebstewart07
robotennis61
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Robo, I'm surprised you haven't already seat swapped! I would think that you'd be the first to do it here. You or Codith.
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 pm

I love the feel of the factory Riv seats. I would be more prone to put Riv seats in my other cars before putting different seats in a Riv! Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm

I agree.. when I am cruising. But when cornering and in terms of dropping weight, deyz gots to go.
I am also ~6'2" and I want a lower seat.closer to the floor. My head scrapes the ceiling when I put the seat in high mode. Gotta keep it down and back so I dont mess up the sweet hairdo.

Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Well, when you get to be my age, the hair doesn't look so great anyway. But my old bones sure enjoy those seats.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

yeah..that's what i'm saying - our seats are comfortable but i would make them thicker.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 pm

ATTENTION: Everyone swapping seats...

Give your old discarded oem lazyboy dreamseats to me. I love them. My back loves them. My butt loves them. My mancave needs them lol
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 pm

haha...yes
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Anyone know the weight on Regal seats? Not sure if the seats in the GS are different than the LS, prolly not, huh? But they sure do look lighter than Riv seats! I mean, their head rests have holes in them, so they have to be lighter, right!?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Speaking about seats and their weight relative one to another,they all weigh about the same give or take a few pounds.If your talking about power seats of course.Technology and weight saving materials have not made it to seat power motors and seat frames.All motors are your basic steel bodied lumps. The same goes for non powered seats.about the same. High performance seats dont Necessarily weigh less unless they are fixed back style. I bought 2 non powered seats out of a 97 Mazda MX6.each one weighs 25 pounds(I paid $25 dollars each.Thats $1 dollar per pound) That is 2 seats for less than the weight of 1 powered Riv seat.think about it. And the seats are so nicely contoured and supportive. Also,the MX6 seat is no heavier than a manual Corbeau or Sparco seat. some reclining performance models weigh a little less if they have alu incorporated into them.
Fixed back is where you save in weight. Down to 10 pounds for some ultra high performance seats.Not blowmolded poly seats,no,but true quality padded race seats.Draw back is what you gain in weight performance you lose in day to day driving comfort.I love to recline my seat and chill.cant do that with a fixed back.You are allways stuck in Speed Racer Pose.Dat sux.
Back to top Go down
wankelrotary
Rookie

Name : william jorgensen
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:26 pm

i recently found out that the late 90s police luminas (9c3 i think) came with fresh recaros. i picked one up off ebay for 50bucks with the same blue as my interior. the down side is that the seat mounting blot holes are quite wider than the riv seat bracket aprox 1.5" or so. so its either make an adapter plate or buy one because i would like to keep the power seat option (why not). has anyone run into this issue or any ideas?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Robo, do you have a set of seats picked out for your swap?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 $(KGrHqJHJEUFGrjHTgftBRsP,5CgnQ~~60_57
Jaguar S type. Whole set for $600.

Last edited by charlieRobinson on Thu May 22, 2014 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 am

I have a set of seats out of a 95 Mazda MX5 I think? I picked 'em upat the junkers for $25 a piece.should be a piece o cake to instal 'em with custom brackets.just gotta have the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 12:46 am

You get those seats in yet, Robo?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 11:38 am

charlieRobinson wrote:
You get those seats in yet, Robo?

No.Another project swept away by other projects.Prioritize,something wiki still can't satisfactorily explain  study 
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:49 pm

I am going to order a pair of eBay race seats. I can find no alternative frown
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

Name : Tyler
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:09 pm

The amount of "compatibility" was zero, but here is my mockup of an '04 Grand Prix back seat in the Riv. My stock one was beat up, I hate leather, and I like the black on tan look.

Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 IMAG0449_zpsrzqg6g1d

Still working on getting the matching front seats in. The amount of compatibility there is also zero!
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:25 pm

I love leather.........
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:24 pm

stan wrote:
I love leather.........

I like the look of it, but I like to wear booty shorts in the summer, and it sticks to my thighs mad
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:36 pm

shocked suspect
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Haha 😂
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:45 pm

How do the front seats look?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:48 pm

I want to find a set of GP Comp G seats. Those things are awesome. I have a Comp G in my stall right now. They're amazingly comfortable with crazy side bolsters.

Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 Compg_10
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:00 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
How do the front seats look?

They look pretty cool sitting on my garage floor! razz they'll look nice once they're in. I wanted to get the back in first to see if I should go through the hastle of making the fronts work.

Comp Gs rule. I love the whole car. They have some of my favorite rims ever. Those seats do look nice. 04+ W-body seats are FAR from being plug-N-play though.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Sir Psycho Sexy wrote:
Those seats do look nice. 04+ W-body seats are FAR from being plug-N-play though.

That's what schematics are for smile

As long as I can get it wired right....I can even use the Riv connectors. I'd just have to replace the pins and put them in the right spots. It'd be a challenge, but way worth it I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat swaps - bracket compatability   Seat swaps - bracket compatability - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat swaps - bracket compatability
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next