Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Radio stays on after turning off ignition?

Go down 
+3
bigdave
LARRY70GS
96RIVMANN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

Radio stays on after turning off ignition? Empty
PostSubject: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:00 am

Just like the topic says when I exit the Riv the radio stays on. I'm sure it's a relay does anyone have any idea where it's located?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 am

Nothing on this car is that simple. You are referring to a problem with the RAP, Retained Accessory Power circuit. There is a diagnostic in the FSM. Some of the components listed are the remote function actuator module (under the speaker deck in the rear), and the DAB Accessory relay in the LH rear junction block under the rear seat. You could try looking at that relay. The door switches are in the latch mechanism. The whole system should time out in 10 minutes. Does it do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 am

It used to time out after 20 minutes but stays on. I'll have to take a look at my FSM. I thought I would post in case someone else had a similar problem.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Is your dome ligh/t working properly
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:54 pm

bigdave wrote:
Is your dome ligh/t working properly

that's what I'm thinking too. Either the door switch isn't triggering or there might be something else wrong with the wiring or the controller.

The radio is supposed to turn off when you open the door (and the dome light comes on)
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:18 am

Don't what I did but all is back to normal. Thanks for the replies.
shocked
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:23 pm

96RIVMANN wrote:
Don't what I did but all is back to normal. Thanks for the replies.
shocked

if you did not check the wires in the drivers side door jamb pass through you might want to do so.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 am

I hate to say it, considering it's all supposed to be solid state, but I've gotten used to a sort of random RAP... Delays in what should happen, or a light in an open trunk that won't come back on by just cycling the latch switch like the other 90 times. dunno
Back to top Go down
Rivillac
Enthusiast
Rivillac

Name : Kevin
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 am

Eldo wrote:
I hate to say it, considering it's all supposed to be solid state, but I've gotten used to a sort of random RAP... Delays in what should happen, or a light in an open trunk that won't come back on by just cycling the latch switch like the other 90 times. dunno

X2

Sometimes it'll work like normal no matter what I do, sometimes it won't work like it's supposed to no matter what I do. suspect
Back to top Go down
Rivillac
Enthusiast
Rivillac

Name : Kevin
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:50 pm

FWIW, while trying to track down another problem, I sprayed the latch mechanism down with Electrical Contact Cleaner, and the RAP has become very normal and predictable. Some food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio stays on after turning off ignition?   Radio stays on after turning off ignition? Empty

Back to top Go down

Radio stays on after turning off ignition?
Page 1 of 1