Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP

Go down 
+6
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
charlieRobinson
AA
T Riley
simba510
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 am

simba510 wrote:
HOW MUCH IS A NEW ENGINE FOR THE 97 RIV?

You can get remanufactured engines from GM dealers, not sure who actually does the work though - my guess would be Jacobs to GM specs. There are a number of competent rebuilders who will sell you a remanufactured engine for a bit less than $2,000.-

I would go for a junkyard engine from a good recycled. There were a **lot** of 3800 engines made and they got good enough mileage that they escaped Cash For Clunkers (unlike the Ford 4.6L V8, also a good junk bet before CFC)

Your mechanic should be able to get a good junkyard engine delivered for well under a grand. Installation would be whatever's charged for the r&r.

Wondering why your engine died. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
simba510
Amateur
simba510

Name : SIMBA SMITH
Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 am

lack of oil= rod knock and its bad.....relationship with women who doesnt care about car+lack of movey=sad riv owner........im getting a used engine and im going to cruise easy on her till i can get her rebuilt i jus need my baby running.......
Back to top Go down
simba510
Amateur
simba510

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am

engine is on its way here jus need to find a place to swap it....my aunts husband found out i was gonna do the swap in the driveway and he argued with my grandmother so much about it she doesnt want me doing it here nomore headbutt

.....there was no reason for him to do that other than the fact that my car ran better then his when it was running everytime i get on my way to fixing it he always find a way to stand in my way

but its ok i told him im NEVER working on his car ever again nono
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 am

AYO DOGG I HEARD YOU LIKE RIVIERAS?!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:21 pm

I started after a leaking radiator tank and ended up with my new engine swapped in 6 hours later. It's not a bad job start to finish, if you've never done it before borrow a good hoist and give yourself a whole weekend.
Just so you know the "Bastard Bolt" is a bellhousing bolt facing the wrong way, it's the top one just behind the engine. Easy to access through the passenger wheel well with a whole bunch of extensions.

Would be very helpful if you added the year and SC or not to your signature yo.
Back to top Go down
simba510
Amateur
simba510

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
AYO DOGG I HEARD YOU LIKE RIVIERAS?!

i was bored and seen an exzbit meme.....could not resist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP   SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOUND LIKE A SODA CAN IN MY ENGINE.....HELP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2