Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? Empty
PostSubject: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 am

I have a 95 Riviera, and I thought I read that heated exterior mirrors as well as an auto dimming rear view mirror were options.

How do I know if our 95 is equipped with either?

Also, if we do have the heated exterior mirrors, how are they operated? On my Volvo, its heated mirrors were auto-magic and heated when the rear window defrost was turned on. Is that similar with the Riviera?

Thanks!
Al

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:45 am

Mirror heat is same as your Volvo and autodim is typical gm, photocells on inside rearview mirror.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 am

Heated exterior mirrors were marked with the defrost symbol.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

Was this part of a given option package (luxury package, etc) or an individual option?

Thanks,
Al
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Al (are you related to Big Ben btw??), I just looked at the window stickers from my old man's 95 and my own 98. His 95 doesn't have heated side mirrors but has the auto-dim rearview mirror. The original window sticker has the "Mirrors - Automatic Day/Night Inside & Outside Rearview" included as part of the "Prestige Option Package (SE)." No mention of any automatic / electrochromic mirrors anywhere else on the sticker.

My 98 has heated mirrors as a standard feature and electrochromic inside and outside mirrors as part of the "Prestige Option Package (SE)." Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks!  Apparently the 95 only had the auto-dim rear-view and drivers side, but no heated mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?   Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heated exterior mirrors and auto-dim rear mirror, how do I know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: