Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Restoration Pics

Go down 
+2
stan
98inWPB
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Restoration Pics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration Pics   Restoration Pics - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 am

98inWPB wrote:
Post paint teaser

I found the thread with front fender trim clips, how about whatever I need for this issue?

Restoration Pics - Page 5 49412368512_be1dc9b703

How did you end up fixing it? The FSM is not terribly helpful. It shows the grey plastic being held on by clips, but the instructions for removing them aren't very helpful. What kind of motion undoes them? Do you have pics of the clips?

98inWPB likes this post

Back to top Go down
98inWPB

Name : Ed
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Pics   Restoration Pics - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 9:06 pm

Been through a few devices this year, not sure if I have pics but *after figuring it out* it isn’t that hard.
Remove the obvious exterior bolts, then, wait for it....the clips have to be compressed from INSIDE the donor car, accessed by taking the rear seat bottom and inner side panels, reach to the bottom inside the void under the rear side window, a combo of fingers & needle nose pliers should get the job done, they easily pop out of the body, carefully twist the clip to disengage from cladding.... clips are easy to ruin.
Installation is easier, with pocket full of junkyard clips, simply, carefully, twist the clips into the trim, then snap back through the body holes, back seat need not be\ violated for installation.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Pics   Restoration Pics - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Restoration Pics - Page 5 Door-grey-plastic-separating

How about the plastic trim on the bottom of the doors?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Pics   Restoration Pics - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Restoration Pics
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5