Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Pleased with my Intense tune.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

Pleased with my Intense tune. Empty
PostSubject: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptyFri May 01, 2020 10:04 pm

It definitely does what they say. The car has a spring in it's step now and a much better kick down. Just wanted to share.
Back to top Go down
MaxLegroom

Name : Robert Smith
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptySat May 02, 2020 12:59 pm

That's definitely good news to know. What sort of tune is it you're running?
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptySat May 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Nothing crazy, they just adjust transmission shift points ad a little timing for a 93 Street tune. It does not feel like it's lugging in overdrive constantly anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptySun May 03, 2020 7:33 am

Even with the custom tune I had done on mine, the best change was to delay the TCC from engaging which eliminated what your referring to as lugging in overdrive.

It's a 4 speed with a Torque Converter Clutch (TCC), that when engaged, makes it feel like it's shifting into overdrive and it will "lug" under low to moderate throttle positions. It then requires you to stomp on the gas pedal to disengage the TCC or you can tap the brake pedal and do the same thing to accelerate.

But I definitely preferred the late engagement of the TCC so it doesn't lug.

That alone is worth modifying the PCM.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptySun May 03, 2020 8:55 am

Totally agree, I specifically asked him to make two to three three to four and the lock up shifts longer then he normally does. I also had an EVAP code erased which helped as well. they should have made the call like this originally but I'm sure it hurts gas mileage a little bit.
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptySun May 03, 2020 9:02 pm

I had it done also after I put on the front plog 3''dp and a 3.5 supercharger pulley it made a world of a difference I love how quick it goes back into 2nd gear now for passing I have not noticed the gas mileage to be much different
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun.I really don't want to mod this car to my speakers it's my daily and I already have another money pit LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleased with my Intense tune.   Pleased with my Intense tune. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleased with my Intense tune.
Page 1 of 1