Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickRivieraGeorgia
Amateur
BuickRivieraGeorgia

Name : Riviera
Merit : 0

Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure Empty
PostSubject: Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure   Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure EmptySat May 27, 2023 10:58 am

Hi,
I was trying to program a new fob and jumped 4&8 pins couple of time and I accidentally touched the 16th too, so 16,8&4… the pin turned red and i got it off in like a second or two… the pins do look burnt but the car started up fine

As a result, when i press the unlock button on the door panel - it only unlocks the driver’s side, the passenger side is unresponsive…

Also my old fob doesn’t work anymore and the new one did not get paired either… can’t leave the car for too long, as it’s unlocked, please advise

How much damage could I have caused? And how would I go about finding the problem?

PS
The fob couldn’t get paired cause after i jumped 4&8, doors get unlocked, when I close the doors and turn the ignition - it doesnt lock the doors, it stays unlocked, no reaction after i turn the ignition on… any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure   Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure EmptyMon May 29, 2023 3:04 am

FWIW I've found it takes two button pushes to unlock the passenger side door. The first only does the driver side door.
Back to top Go down
BuickRivieraGeorgia
Amateur
BuickRivieraGeorgia

Name : Riviera
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure   Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure EmptyMon May 29, 2023 4:01 am

It doesn’t open no mater how many times I press it… I might have burnt a fuse or something…
But I really need to figure out the pairing issue
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure   Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure EmptyMon May 29, 2023 9:49 pm

1) If you think you burned a fuse then you need to find and fix it. Do you know where the fuse panels are?

2) The car's response to a fob is somewhat programmable. You may want to get an owners manual and check the settings for your working fob. As for the nonworking one check the batteries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure   Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Door unlock problems/new fob pairing failure
Page 1 of 1